• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bye bye P-cola OCS

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
flynsail said:
Trying to follow what you are saying. NSI was there before STA-21. What is the 2-year thing?

2 years ago, no college programmers from my ROTC unit went to Newport to "catch up".

flynsail

pilot
Perhaps it is just at the discretion of the PNS at your unit, but it is still used for that.

Edit: An exception to attending as a College Program student, would probably be whether or not they have completed the first two years of Naval Science classes.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
flynsail said:
Perhaps it is just at the discretion of the PNS at your unit, but it is still used for that.

Edit: An exception to attending as a College Program student, would probably whether or not they have completed the first two years of Naval Science classes.

I don't know, it's been 2 years since I've been in ROTC and there has already been a full unit rotation. *shrug* All our college programmers just played "catch up" by doubling up on ROTC classes.

flynsail

pilot
Fly Navy said:
I don't know, it's been 2 years since I've been in ROTC and there has already been a full unit rotation. *shrug* All our college programmers just played "catch up" by doubling up on ROTC classes.

It is okay to admit you do not know everything :D

boobcheese

Fly Navy said:
Hence my qualifier of 2 years ago.
Your qualifier lacks qualification. You said that two years ago the only people to go through NSI were STA-21. I'm telling you from first hand experience that that was not then and is not now the case.

sarnav

Ocs

Anyone have any updates on this. I googled it and all I got were the BRAC reports. Hearing rumors around the office though that if I am indeed selected I will be going to Newport. I know I shouldnt listne to rumors but there seems to be some facts with this one. Sorry if it is covered (searched here to) just looking for a clarification if there is one.

SN

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
sarnav said:
Anyone have any updates on this. I googled it and all I got were the BRAC reports. Hearing rumors around the office though that if I am indeed selected I will be going to Newport. I know I shouldnt listne to rumors but there seems to be some facts with this one. Sorry if it is covered (searched here to) just looking for a clarification if there is one.

SN
Whatever changes end up happening will take years to take effect. Assuming that you're not in high school, you can relax. ;)

Brett

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
word is that it will probably take about a year from now to get it all setup. lots of meetings going on about it and such. again... no def date and things could all change at any moment for any reason.... it's the Navy.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
My recruiter told me that the Navy was combining OCS with the other officier training programs in RI and could take place anywhere from 6 months to 6 years. I hope that OCS is still in NASP come summer 2007.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Tom, combining like making OCS and OIS into one program, or just putting them in the same place?

One thing about moving OCS to NETC Newport... Where will they have class? Last I heard, both barracks on Nimitz Field were full up... and the school building was full to... PXO/PCO class, NAPS, BOOST and OIS. Dunno where they'd put them...

However, my geography of the base is say, 5 years old. Anyone up there that better knows the layout of that corner of the base, feel free to enlighten me.

Raptor2216

bch said:
Man Pcola, might actually be enjoyable again. No more watching dudes on lib-O from OCS in whites, trying to tell women that they are already jet pilots!!!

haha...I don't know what's more pathetic, the wannabe's or the gullible chicks.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
P_ubhi18 said:
haha...I don't know what's more pathetic, the wannabe's or the gullible chicks.

The gullible chicks. Nothing like telling a URI or PC or J&W girl that NAPS stands for "Naval Advanced Pilots School" or "Naval Advanced Program for SEALs"...

Heh... they ate it up like candy.... We were onle "wannabe's" b/c the gullible girls ate that sh!t for breakfast, lunch and dinner.