• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bye bye P-cola OCS

astrov99

NOT a flyboy
The BRAC panel yesterday voted in favor of relocating OCS to Newport, R.I. This all but seals the fate of OTC in Pensacola. I wonder how long of a process it will be until they phase out Pensacola OCS completely? My guess is that they will gradually phase it, so there will be a period of time in which Newport and Pensacola are operating simultaneously.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

And for all you people currently selected with class dates, don't worry. This process will take awhile, so chances are your class dates will remain unchanged. This will affect people who are years out (NUPOC, BDCP) or who havn't applied yet. Only diff is you got New England to look forward to.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The President still has to sign the package when it gets to his desk, whenever that is. (Calling Chief)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gregsivers said:
Look forward to? Its cold up there man, and it snows. I'd much rather be in Pcola.

Haha. Newport is a hell of a liberty port though.

PCola = Trashy Hot Girls

Newport = Classy Hot Girls

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
..."No, we changed our minds. We want to consolidate all OCS flavors in Pensacola."

..."No we changed our minds again. Now that we moved all the shoes down to P'cola, we'd rather have everybody in Newport now."

..."No, we changed our minds again...again. Nor'easters suck for training during the winter. We'll move it all to California."

..."No, we changed our minds again...again...again. Too many earthquakes in SoCal, and the Bay area doesn't like the military. We'll move it all to P'cola..." etc., etc. ad nauseum.

I'm curious as to how much this is all going to cost in the end and whether the move to Newport will see any cost savings at all. Higher cost of living in RI than the FL panhandle for sure...but who's looking at housing rates/costs for staff instructors?

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Fly Navy said:
Haha. Newport is a hell of a liberty port though.

PCola = Trashy Hot Girls

Newport = Classy Hot Girls

Yeah, but you don't have to spend as much on our Trashy Hot Girls. :D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Goober said:
Yeah, but you don't have to spend as much on our Trashy Hot Girls. :D

True, but it's like flying Coach or First Class... sometimes it's worth the money ;)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Goober said:
LOL - just don't ask if there's frequent-flyer miles or upgrades available. :D

anim_lol.gif

Classic!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I heard that Gov. Jeb Bush is lobbying for OCS to be moved to Cecil Field.

Brett

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Man Pcola, might actually be enjoyable again. No more watching dudes on lib-O from OCS in whites, trying to tell women that they are already jet pilots!!!

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bch said:
Man Pcola, might actually be enjoyable again. No more watching dudes on lib-O from OCS in whites, trying to tell women that they are already jet pilots!!!

that's what i was thinkin too

astrov99

NOT a flyboy

Haha. That's funny. Like the lame Officer Candidate rank insignias don't give it away. Then again, trashy hot girls arn't known for their big brains. Everything they got that's big is from the neck down.... :icon_wink