• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Low Level Routes

Paddles

VR-1355, more specifically the Whidbey "H" portion on it.

Agree that the best is a VR-1350 A entry to the VR-1355.

Flying Toaster

None
Sorry about the dead thread revival, but here's a great video of VR-1355 I found while browsing recently. HD on direct link.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
This is the first time I've actually been jealous of you jet types. That looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

Hell, I don't necessarily even want to fly jets, I just want to be allowed to take the warpig flying like that. Sadly, there would be some P-3 O-4/5/6/7 who would have a brain aneurysm at even mentioning wanting to do something like that. I can just hear it now: "Oh my God! You're flying below MOSA! You can't do that!" It makes me want to go hit a Nav.

(End momentary self loathing)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
There are two up by Kirtland AFB in NM that are excellent. One kind of leads right to the other so you can run them back-to-back. The Air Force guys call them the "Black Diamond" route. I'll have to look up the numbers.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
a4srushmore.jpg

P.S. ... I'm in #402 :)

H60Gunner

Contributor
Is there a low level route out of Whidbey that takes you over Lake Pend O'reille? If there is, someone should fly it often.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I won't tell you you are sucked, 'cause I'm jealous.
How'd you get to that photo op?
The Commodore led the flight -- Instructors were up front for this classic photo-op. I was his staff LSO & thus one of his fair-haired boys, so he tabbed me to lead the 2nd section. Unfortunately, someone had to take the pix, so that detail was delegated to dash-4 and he missed his 'close-up', Mr. DeMille ... :)

I might have 'sucked' ... but I wasn't 'sucked' ... it's the camera angle. #2 was wider than I and he looks to be ahead of the bearing ... but I was kinda' busy at the time tryin' to fly form (on the 'wrong side') & sight-see. :eek: