• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Low Level Routes

Jamin'G

pilot
After hitting both the 1350 and 1355 yesterday, I can definitely vouch for the 1355. By far the best low level I've ever seen. River canyons, snow covered mountains, frozen waterfalls, Glacier Peak... Definitely a great ride.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
After hitting both the 1350 and 1355 yesterday, I can definitely vouch for the 1355. By far the best low level I've ever seen. River canyons, snow covered mountains, frozen waterfalls, Glacier Peak... Definitely a great ride.
Everyone knows the 1355 is the best you're gonna get. The debate is for which route comes in second . . . :)

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Helo routes through DC, NYC and Boston are pretty sweet.
We worked with the Secret Service while Bush was at the NATO building in 2005. Got free reign up the East and down the Hudson at 300 & below for about 4 days...probably flew about a thousand laps.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Does anyone know of any good routes in CO? Thinking about a Denver trip over Memorial Day weekend. Doesn't look like we'll have enough legs to get up to Whidbey for the 1355, and we'll do section lows in El Centro so that takes care of the 1266 Star Wars Canyon.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are a couple around Fallon (if you're so inclined) that aren't too bad VR 201/208? Haven't done anything around CO, but VR 413 looks kind of cool.

wplax26

Gold Club
pilot
None
Contributor
Any love for IR 63 down near Key West? I was thinking this is one that a P-3 could try. Your overwater and IFR!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any love for IR 63 down near Key West? I was thinking this is one that a P-3 could try. Your overwater and IFR!

Not really my idea of a "fun" low level. Being a boat guy, we get to see lots and lots of water. No thanks.

BTW, I think you meant 'you're', as in 'you are' not your...just saying...

-ea6bflyr ;)

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
This is the first time I've actually been jealous of you jet types. That looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

Hell, I don't necessarily even want to fly jets, I just want to be allowed to take the warpig flying like that. Sadly, there would be some P-3 O-4/5/6/7 who would have a brain aneurysm at even mentioning wanting to do something like that. I can just hear it now: "Oh my God! You're flying below MOSA! You can't do that!" It makes me want to go hit a Nav.

(End momentary self loathing)
You can do Chelan at 500' AGL no problem in a Warpig...just watch for bugsmashers...follow the Columbia down to Ellensburg, pop up around the foot of Rainier, cut into Mount St. Helens and do an orbit over Spirit Lake, go east to Adams and cut south along the Cascades to Eugene, then go see Crater Lake...as long as you CHUM for wires/National Parks, Wildlife Refuges, etc. it is a good flight...