• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Low Level Routes

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I asked the same question over at BaseOps (Colorado seems to be more of an AF part of the country). The general consensus there seems to be to forget the MTRs and go LATN. Do we even do LATN stuff in the Navy/Marine side of the house CONUS? I know my old man tells me of the glory days in the A-37 and A-10 of making their own routes under the caveat of below 10k' and 250kts (they would plan for 240 true... and fly what they needed to make their target times...). Is there a part of the world that we do that in something other than a Helo?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah it's called R2301W/Cactus West, R2508, or R4808. You can be supersonic at 100' in a lot of the Nellis North Range actually. Not sure if it was cool in Yuma, but we did it (a little higher than that).

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I asked the same question over at BaseOps (Colorado seems to be more of an AF part of the country). The general consensus there seems to be to forget the MTRs and go LATN. Do we even do LATN stuff in the Navy/Marine side of the house CONUS? I know my old man tells me of the glory days in the A-37 and A-10 of making their own routes under the caveat of below 10k' and 250kts (they would plan for 240 true... and fly what they needed to make their target times...). Is there a part of the world that we do that in something other than a Helo?
We do it in a couple of the MOAs up in Whidbey that go down to 300 AGL and I've done it in some of the ranges near Elmendorf, AK. It's good times.