• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Beechcraft Bonanza

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mefesto said:
'ball.. yeah I'd think about it. If fly gets back here we may manage a 1/3 share. However we were looking for something more fun oriented and cheap. Like a Kitfox or something.

That'd be fun as balls. Flew a taildragger once, fell in love.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Mefesto said:
Dragging rags or gliders?

Gliders

copyofcostaltowing007qz5.jpg

FlytheBall

Maybe, maybe not, maybe go fvck yourself.
pilot
I dont really need anyone to help buy it...just wouldnt mind having some help with the operating costs.

Attachments

• ext-1.jpg
    ext-1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 112

xmid

pilot
Contributor
What are the rules generally on insuring an aircraft? Must all aircraft be insured in order to fly? Is it primarily a lending agency rule? I talked to a family friend a while back about him teaching me to fly (he was a CFI) and he said he couldn't do it in his plane because of some sort of insurance issue. Does anyone have any idea what he could have meant?

FlytheBall

pilot
The FAA does not require you to carry insurance. Some states require some insurance (mainly liability) but others do not. Also lending companies may require it since they would most likely have a lien on your airplane. My guess is because he wouldnt have a type of commercial operating insurance which might be required. Havent really looked into that much since I just want to own one and fly it myself.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
You say that you may be just responsible for liability, but what would full coverage cover? Since the odds of someone else colliding with your plane are probably extremely low. Would it mainly cover things like hail damage?

FlytheBall

pilot
It would count anything that happened on the ground as well, ie someone taxiing their plane into your etc. Its just like car insurance but only for an airplane. check out AOPA's website for more info. They do an awesome job explaining all about it and advising as to what types and amounts of insurance you should carry.

pdx

HSM Pilot
AOPA just had a great article on how aviation insurance works and how much of it you need.

There were parts of the article that applied to both renters and owners. You should definitely understand the insurance side before you invest. Just like the aforementioned ADs, insurance cost could significantly affect what type of a/c you want to buy.

@ FlytheBall: sugar mamma? It's OK to admit. I'm lookin' for one myself;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I dunno ... Bonanza's are dangerous ... the Cascades are peppered with these. Every time I see one of these paired with a doctor or a lawyer --- they crash. :):eek:

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
This is where I'm leaning. I've got a 2-car garage at home that's looking pretty empty! Very affordable and with the quickbuild kit, shouldn't consume the next 3 years of my life. Now, if I can just get my wife to bite off on it!

http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/rv-10int.htm

The RV-7 is an even better deal and may be more practical as a first time builder.