• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Beechcraft Bonanza

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
JV Airlines... Any ME is good... MAJORS.... So...So... Right now market is tight and they are imposing all kinds of interesting restrictions.. For instance:

JET BLUE- 1000 hours in airplanes at or above 20,000 pounds (maximum takeoff weight) or 1000 hours in large jet-powered airplanes at or above 12,500 pounds (maximum takeoff weight).

FEDEX- 1500 hours total fixed-wing time as pilot-in-command (PIC) or second-in-command in multi-engine turbo-prop A/C or jet A/C or combination thereof, including a minimum of 1000 hours total fixed-wing pilot-in-command in multi-engine turbo prop A/C or jet A/C or combination thereof. Read that as RECIP time not counted!

SOUTHWEST- $8,000-10,000 737 Type (Less 60% with GI Bill)

CONTINENTAL/AIRTRAN/ALASKA- Who do you know...

Buy an airplane to fly for FUN not as a TIME BUILDER... Fly more military for the numbers! TRAINING COMMAND!!!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
JV Airlines... Any ME is good... MAJORS.... So...So... Right now market is tight and they are imposing all kinds of interesting restrictions.. For instance:
I agree with this for the most part. For a military jet guy (even single engine) going to a major, the ME will just be a tie-breaker. But as was said, for the JV airlines ME is king. Many military guys who used to go straight to majors are now starting at the JV level.

Get the C-12 orders for a twilight tour......

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Hal>>> Agreed! Except I would still go to the Training Command first and then if not able, the C-12 orders for the twilight tour!

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Brett,
So please, tell us your secrets.

housecricket1a.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....Does a person's ME time (whether he's flying professionally, like C-12s, or personally) get scrutinized for "quality" or just quantity?....
Just saw this ... perhaps some else already answered it .... MEL is MEL ... more is better, as always .... make sure most/all of it is PIC, at least as much as you can get --- that's what they look at.

The airlines think that PIC = Command/Captain ability .... i.e., are you worth their investment ???

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
OK. So there are differences of opinion amongst the AW elders. As far as getting C-12s goes, it'll all be dependent on how my next (last) promotion board goes. I'm on flying orders now, so the monitor will be looking for a staff tour out of me unless I get passed over. Hence my ploy to fly back and forth to work to build time. Obviously I'm going to try to get flying orders again next, but that will probably be a tough sell. We'll see. I'll have to decide on a plane later, but I have plenty of time. Thanks for the help!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett, you an I need to have a talk about this deficit. I was in so cal for three years and I can't say that I was able to take advantage of it. I hope to go back someday again but this time i'm going to prepare for it. So please, tell us your secrets.

One word - game. :D

Brett

plc67

pilot
In terms of making yourself airline attractive, the 737 type rating not only gets Southwest's attention but can help in other arenas. Namely if you get it in a glass cockpit you've pretty well covered the automation in the Boeing automated cockpits, got yourself an ATP and become proficient in a 121 CRM environment. Plus it's a lot cheaper than owning a multi engine airplane.