• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

There wasn't a board for Pilot or NFO in July. There is definitely a board on August 22nd for Pilot and NFO, although they are not accepting new applications for NFO. The consensus is that this August board is going to fill up the remainder of the quota for fiscal year 2012, and possibly some of fiscal year 2013. Simply put, the only area accepting new applications for the remainder of fiscal year 2012 is for Pilot.

As far as the June deadline, I have no idea. The official deadline for officer recruiters to submit their recruits' packages is about a month before the board convenes. In the case of the upcoming August board, the deadline is July 25th. Perhaps she was telling you and her other recruits to have their stuff prepared by June 25th so that would give her time to double check everything and make corrections/additions/updates without being so close to the ACTUAL deadline? Hope that helps...

Stalin

How long after you were pro-rec did you have until it was 'gone'? I am under the impression it is 90 days?
You know what I honestly have no idea. My conditional release took 5 and a half months, so it was definitely past whatever time frame I needed :(

cmcalvert

Sep-11 SNA Pro Rec
My guess would be sometime between February and June. Unless you're close to an age limit, or your community absolutely needs to fill a slot (not likely since almost no one's holding boards), you probably won't be leaving much earlier. Since this is still a FY12 board, I can't imagine they're going to fill the second half of FY13 already (possibly the first half though). If there's some holdup with your clearance or medical, however, you could very well be waiting that long.

At a minimum, you're looking at September for the results of the board, and then final select by October. Considering there are still people waiting on final select letters from as early as this time a year ago, though, I don't expect anyone leaving before 2012.

I turned 26 last month. From this post it sounds like they may let older selects go earlier than younger ones if they're close to the age limit. Is this true? Still have to be selected first, but just like everyone else on this site, I'm ready to get this process underway!

asomm1

Anyone know when a new board schedule would possibly come out? September?
I've heard murmurings that there might not be new boards (with the exception of pilot boards!) until Spring 2012. But, that's just hearsay for now.

Lucy

Previously the new FY board schedule came out in the July before so maybe this month but who knows with how things are going. Also, even if a schedule comes out, doesn't mean it'll stick. Example: updated schedule came out in May saying boards were in August, and as we know that might or might not be the case. Either way, I'll keep an eye out for it and post when it is published.

LSJU

Last week she contacted me saying that my package was returned, with a message saying that they were not currently considering applications for my designators (Intel/SWO/SWO-IW). My OR stated that they were only considering applications for Pilot at this time.

I completed my application for an INTEL designator and it was submitted right around that same timeframe. I spoke with my OR late last week and he said that everything was on track and that there would be an INTEL designator board convening on 22-Aug. I'm honestly not sure what to believe anymore, so I suppose the safest route is to go with what my OR is telling me for now.

kacraven

For what its worth, my OR said that the August boards are on for pilot, cyberwarfare, nuke, and SEGA (?) No idea on the rest

asomm1

Thanks for the help, Lucy.
From my recruiter regarding my question about SWO-IDC being open: "Unfortunately what I am hearing is anything with "SWO" in the title is closed or they have enough applications that were held over from what was submitted at the end of last year they are not accepting any more. I have heard that some recruiters were still trying to submit some of these applications and they were getting what is called "pro-X", that means they don't go to board. Some of the IDC fields are actually negative in spots available."

egd33

pilot
Contributor
My package is finally completed. Should be sent to the boards on Monday; now the waiting game begins.

Just found out mine made it to CRNC with no problems so looks like I should be on this SNA board. Also got to go out on sea trials for an FFG-7 last week for 2 days. It just set it more in stone that the US Navy is where I want to be. Can't wait till boards.

Lucy

Who knows with my app, but I too can't wait. Got some good visiting in down at SanDiego and loved it. Prefered the destroyer to the crusier though I think, although both just felt like bigger subs :-P

although both just felt like bigger subs

Are you talking about SSN or SSBNs? Because I would not say that at all. I have not been on a SSBN but SSN feel like someone dumped a bunch of equipment in a tube, attached it haphazardly and then told you to live in it. The surface craft feel like everything is where it is supposed to be.

I do see the similarity when it comes to the paint. Everything that same wonderful color.