• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Well apparently mine was submitted in the last day couple days. Does that mean if it submitted that they will look at it? Or if they already maxed out their acceptance they just will look at the 300 or w/e and then whatever is left over not look at those... I would imagine they'd at least skim through every package regardless and it if looks really competitive throw it in one pile and ones that look decent put in a middle pile and others probably laugh at throw it in the recycling bin..

egd33

pilot
Contributor
So apparently right before mine got submitted there were about 15 spots left per my processor..

Did they say exactly what day yours was submitted (Friday would ease my mind more so than something like Weds)? I just spoke with my OR and he said mine is being uploaded as we speak and will be in by this afternoon or tomorrow AM at the latest (does it really take that long to upload a package?). If I get cut out of the board by the skin of my teeth it would be a little devastating, though I would think the submission of apps would be slowing down now after what I would guess was an initial rush when they opened the floodgates at the end of June. My OR is very confident I will be selected, but if my app never makes it to board...

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
No he didn't say but from the sounds of it I think it was either thursday or Friday they submitted it. You will probably be fine.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Btw egd33 what are your stats?

22/M - SNA - 7/7/7 59
3.84 GPA-Cornell University-BS Industrial and Labor Relations (just graduated)
5 LOR's-1 from former professor who is a retired 0-3 from Army and 3 are from high ranking HR management at a Fortune 500 company in Silicon Valley
Interview with O-5 pilot that went very, very well
Work experience during college (internships) in HR at major semiconductor company HQ in Silicon Valley (7 months), a local CPA (8 months), and a city commissioner (4 months)
Exchange in Australia and study abroad in Ireland-1 semester each
Student Senator, member of boxing club
Several scholarships, honor societies, 5x dean's list, etc. as well

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
It's official; I heard back from my OR this morning and my package is in for reconsideration in August. Best of luck everybody.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Information changes like the wind. So I talked to my recruiter he said that my processor missinformed me and as of today there are 50 spots open. not 15. He also said that the number was 176 and not 170. (miniscule I know) and he said that no one knows until October 1st what the future boards will look like. So the whole no boards until FY13 is not accurate. He also told me he's waiting on a recon letter from cnrc to send to them that I'm approved to resubmit to the board, so technically I'm not even submitted yet. What a nightmare this is becoming.

Lucy

Jeez, gotta love timing.

Told August boards were cancelled, next day got the great new job offer.
Start great new job today, get email about August app status TBA since boards are kinda on.

At this rate I'll win the lottery the day I get my pro-rec.

:rolleyes:

TheBirdy

pilot
Man, I wish I was in this board. Disappointed I'm not though. I'll admit it's funny watching everyone dissect Big Navy's recruiting decisions (though when my time comes I will probably be doing the same). I know a few members here that have been waiting and waiting and waiting (just like me). I'd like nothing more to see you guys/gals get pro recd as well as the others. Best of luck to you all.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Jeez, gotta love timing.

Told August boards were cancelled, next day got the great new job offer.
Start great new job today, get email about August app status TBA since boards are kinda on.

At this rate I'll win the lottery the day I get my pro-rec.

:rolleyes:

Haha. I got a new job today, and I just KNOW that I'm gonna receive a phone call from my recruiter this week telling me I'm leaving earlier.

It's like how I've been looking for a part time job for the last 2 months, but it wasn't until I decided to go on vacation next week that I all of the sudden got 3 job offers in 4 days.

Anyways, good luck to Eagle and AllAmerican at the boards. It's been a long time coming for both of you.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Haha. I got a new job today, and I just KNOW that I'm gonna receive a phone call from my recruiter this week telling me I'm leaving earlier.

It's like how I've been looking for a part time job for the last 2 months, but it wasn't until I decided to go on vacation next week that I all of the sudden got 3 job offers in 4 days.

Anyways, good luck to Eagle and AllAmerican at the boards. It's been a long time coming for both of you.

Ain't that the truth? After forgetting about my package (and suffering humiliating defeat), I received two teaching positions within two weeks of each other in Late May. Upon deciding on the one that made most sense career-wise, Big Navy comes through.

Teaching in the interim, figure it will be a good paycheck (besides, teaching high school history ain't an easy gig to find, most just sit on it till they retire) and give me experience "managing" 25-30 enlisted men and women. Leaving in the Spring (block scheduling makes the decision easier) and will be all the more stronger for it.

With that said, I've made contention plans. I've got my eye on a preeeeeeetty sweet little 27ft. sailboat that has "The Gulf Loop" written all over it. It'd take one year to sail from New Orleans down the island chain, across South America and back up the coast to New Orleans. If worst comes to worst.

MGoBrew11

pilot
I got a job teaching in New Orleans recently as well. PM sent.

Also, fwiw my processor told me today that my app would still be looked at (even though I'm going for NFO) and said nothing about cancellations.

Pilot Paul

Pro Rec SNA
I feel you guys about the job stuff. I have been working my behind off up here, and if the Navy says no for me the next day will be shotgun blasting resumes to every airline out there. I REALLY hope that isn't the case. I just passed MEPS last week....fun stuff. 200 people processing and I met about 3 other Navy guys almost all the rest were Army. This last period of hurry up and wait has been the most nerve-wracking. Good luck everybody!