• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

WhiskeyTango182

I kept getting the run-around on this matter since I was applying for intel this second time around, so I ended up speaking with the OPO and he clarified. When I spoke with the OPO I was told they were taking 170 new applications for pilot for the AUG board, and that was it. On a first come first serve basis if you will since they have a ton of applications piled up. He did not have any tentative dates for other selection boards. The only designators with billets for FY 2012 (as of 28 JUN 2011) are Pilot, Engineers, Corpsmen and Nukes. He ran down the list of other designators (PAO, NFO, SWO, INT, etc...) and they were negative billets for FY 2012. Hopefully if you intended to be in for AUG you've already been submitted since 170 is going to be the cut off.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Once again that is all talk.. Why would they cut off at 170 when other boards had over 200 applicants.. and people have been waiting in line for a while now one recruiter is not just going to get that memo.. if it's that important all recruiters would know about it. Most of the stuff is just pulled out of their ass to give you an answer. maybe 170 is the amount of pilot slots availible for the fiscal year. Regardless.. That wouldn't make sense to cut the application pile that low just so some officers can go home early. They haven't looked at applications since November I think it was.. So just relax man.. It will all work out.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Even if that is the case, I've been going at this for 2 yrs.. It's not my fault my NRD waited to see if the board was goign to be cancelled for April to submit my package, and never submit it.. And I've put a lot of work going at this a second time, so if for whatever reason they do try to reject my application because my NRD wants to wait until they get the okay to submit a package to actually start processing my package, I will def be talking to my congressman to get my package seen at the boards. Cause that wouldn't be reasonable considering my age this will be my last chance at a pilot board anyway. No offense to you all but for those who just walked in and applying for a first time, I think those resubmitting a second time have seniority to being in the stack.

Tonkovich.J

Even if that is the case, I've been going at this for 2 yrs.. It's not my fault my NRD waited to see if the board was goign to be cancelled for April to submit my package, and never submit it.. And I've put a lot of work going at this a second time, so if for whatever reason they do try to reject my application because my NRD wants to wait until they get the okay to submit a package to actually start processing my package, I will def be talking to my congressman to get my package seen at the boards. Cause that wouldn't be reasonable considering my age this will be my last chance at a pilot board anyway. No offense to you all but for those who just walked in and applying for a first time, I think those resubmitting a second time have seniority to being in the stack.

Well said....I have been dealing with my recruiter for 18 months and have been before two boards with no such luck. I definitely feel that people with seniority like us have precedence over someone who just walked in as long as that person has a good packet. All other things aside I will be in this SNA board once I finish with some minor paperwork.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Well said....I have been dealing with my recruiter for 18 months and have been before two boards with no such luck. I definitely feel that people with seniority like us have precedence over someone who just walked in as long as that person has a good packet. All other things aside I will be in this SNA board once I finish with some minor paperwork.

Has your package not been submitted yet either?

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
So technically no.. But like you my paperwork is dated to before April.. Besides my change in motivational statement.. My Security paperworl was submitted in March for a second time.. So we both have some ammo incase something arises. I have connections with two base commanders and my congressman from when I got my LOR.. If for whatever reason something silly like this happens, I'm hoping a phone call from two base commanders and a congressman means something for a spot in the stack. Good luck my friend

If I were you I would sign that dotted line as quickly as possible and fax it over..

Lucy

Are you talking about SSN or SSBNs? Because I would not say that at all. I have not been on a SSBN but SSN feel like someone dumped a bunch of equipment in a tube, attached it haphazardly and then told you to live in it. The surface craft feel like everything is where it is supposed to be.

I do see the similarity when it comes to the paint. Everything that same wonderful color.

Lol not sure. Just saw the two in the harbor (Russian and USS Dolphin I think) which are old ones, but based on my limited exposure they all felt a little like as much stuff cramed in as possible, :-P

Tonkovich.J

So technically no.. But like you my paperwork is dated to before April.. Besides my change in motivational statement.. My Security paperworl was submitted in March for a second time.. So we both have some ammo incase something arises. I have connections with two base commanders and my congressman from when I got my LOR.. If for whatever reason something silly like this happens, I'm hoping a phone call from two base commanders and a congressman means something for a spot in the stack. Good luck my friend

If I were you I would sign that dotted line as quickly as possible and fax it over..

I hope that our paperwork being dated prior to April does help, I also have a connection with a base commander I could use if any situation does arise. But lets stay positive and hope for the best. My recruiter has been out of the office for the past week and I'm not sure what he wants me to sign. I have had no luck contacting him, but hes back on Monday so I should have it done by then.

Best of luck to you as well

WhiskeyTango182

Once again that is all talk.. Why would they cut off at 170 when other boards had over 200 applicants.. and people have been waiting in line for a while now one recruiter is not just going to get that memo.. if it's that important all recruiters would know about it. Most of the stuff is just pulled out of their ass to give you an answer. maybe 170 is the amount of pilot slots availible for the fiscal year. Regardless.. That wouldn't make sense to cut the application pile that low just so some officers can go home early. They haven't looked at applications since November I think it was.. So just relax man.. It will all work out.

To be fair, I said 170 NEW applications. They are accepting only 170 NEW applications because as you said, they have people that have been waiting around to be seen since November. I too have been at this since about DEC 2009 so I understand the frustration completely which is why I went up the COC and spoke with the Officer Productions Officer. He (or she) is the person our recruiters report to. When he and I spoke he'd just gotten back from a conference regarding FY 2012 billets and had yet to drop the bomb on all of the recruiters. It's a trickle down effect, but believe what you want, that is the info I got when I went above my recruiter to get some more concrete information than what had been floating around the rumor boards.

All I know is I heeded the advice of the OPO and got my package resubmitted back in JUN as to avoid the panic.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
To be fair, I said 170 NEW applications. They are accepting only 170 NEW applications because as you said, they have people that have been waiting around to be seen since November. I too have been at this since about DEC 2009 so I understand the frustration completely which is why I went up the COC and spoke with the Officer Productions Officer. He (or she) is the person our recruiters report to. When he and I spoke he'd just gotten back from a conference regarding FY 2012 billets and had yet to drop the bomb on all of the recruiters. It's a trickle down effect, but believe what you want, that is the info I got when I went above my recruiter to get some more concrete information than what had been floating around the rumor boards.

All I know is I heeded the advice of the OPO and got my package resubmitted back in JUN as to avoid the panic.
Fair enough.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Whiskeytango: when did the OPO tell you that? Is there any reason to believe that my app which is being sent to boards on Monday would not be seen in August? Why would they set a July 25 deadline if they never intended to keep it (and not tell recruiters about getting packages in urgently)? First come first serve is not exactly fair when differents recruiters/processors work at different rates, have vacations, etc... It is not exactly like we can submit directly to CNRC ourselves and actually fully control when it gets in. If does not make much sense to turn away great packages when there is no telling how long it may be before another board.

Eaglei: I went and signed everything on Tuesday, but had a holdup on a rec which was sent Thurs morning when my recruiter was out of the office. My processor's office is next to my OR's, so it is not complicated to get everything finalized.

WhiskeyTango182

Whiskeytango: when did the OPO tell you that? Is there any reason to believe that my app which is being sent to boards on Monday would not be seen in August? Why would they set a July 25 deadline if they never intended to keep it (and not tell recruiters about getting packages in urgently)? First come first serve is not exactly fair when differents recrhiters/processors work at different rates, have vacations, etc... It is not exactly like we can submit directly to CNRC ourselves and actually fully control when it gets in. If does not make much sense to turn away great packages when there is no telling how long it may be before another board.

Eaglei: I went and signed everything on Tuesday, but had a holdup on on rec which was sent Thurs morning when my recruiter was out of the office. My processor's office is next to my OR's, so it is not complicated to get.everything finalized.

I don't have an answer for the parity of the situation. Frankly, it probably isn't "fair" to do that. But it's not "fair" to keep overlooking the hundreds possibly thousands of applications that have been sitting in limbo since NOV 2010 either that have been submitted 2 and 3 times. Jury is out on parity. My guess would be, they didn't find out the news about the Navy being overstaffed for FY 2012 until too late in JUN to turn us all away since we were so far along in the process. But that is a guess, I do not assert with confidence that is the case.

I have no idea how many applications were submitted so I have no idea who will be seen and who won't be seen, all I know is what I already stated from my conversation. I was able to get a hold of him on either 28 or 29 JUN. There are more than 1 OPO's, I think they are regional.

jeremyjones44

PRO REC SWO
Hello all, I have been using and checking this forum since last November, but have never contributed or posted anything. Now that this is going to be my last time up for the SNA board due to my age, I figured I would give it a go!

28/M/Active Duty Corpsman with 3 ½ years of service E-4.

SNA/SWO

46 4/5/4 (Could not study as hard as I wanted to due to Active Duty obligations and the work load of my college classes. Not an excuse, just the truth.)

AA in Health Science Technology 4.0 GPA/ BS in Health Science 3.87 GPA/ MS in Leadership 4.0 GPA- Will finish my Masters this December. (I have completed all my education since I have been on active duty, with 82 college credits in the last 2 years)

Outstanding on all PRT’s since I have been in the Navy.

Valedictorian from Hospital Corps School and top of my class at my C school.

Letter of Support from Senator Jay Rockefeller/ Six Interview appraisal sheets from a board of Aviation Officers in Jacksonville FL.: 1-05/2-04’s/3-03’s/ Three interview appraisal sheets from a board of SWO Officers in Charleston SC.: 1-04/2-03’s. The interviews turned out even better than I expected.

Keep in mind this is my resubmit package. I am a non-select from the November 2010 board. My resubmit package was originally in for the April board, but since it was cancelled I have been forwarded to the upcoming August board. Some of the improvements I have made since then are: Obtaining my security clearance (Dec. 2010), Senator LOS, 6 new Officer Interviews, Graduate Education, Sailor of the Month, and Good Conduct Medal.

Good Luck to everyone being seen next month!

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Allright everybody, deep breaths!! If what Whiskey Tango's saying is correct (which it probably is), 170 NEW applicants is actually alot. There is rarely over 170 TOTAL at a board (of course this was when they used to have boards every 3-4 months). Because of the cancellation of April's board they are going to have more than that obviously. Like I said before, the OCS manager said they expect around 300 and they had 213 as of 2 weeks ago. Let's assume there were 130 for April's board +170 NEW applicants = 300. There aren't that many officer recruiters, so to have 300 - 213 = 87 new applicants in a 3-4 week period is probably not going to happen. So everybody calm down, turn those packages in and sit back and lose sleep until the results come out!