• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

staff03

I'm pretty sure those who applied this month for it.. when there wasn't a board would roll over to next months right?
Hopefully there is one in November so it gives people like myself who just missed this board time to send in an application.

Lucy

Staff-If there is one, yes. All stuff would need to be in TN by Sep 25th.

Eagle-Should be, but if there is only and Intel/IDC board it might not be rollovers, because any apps that went in that were not seen were labeled "pro-ex" (exempt from board review) and were sent back to the recruiters.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Staff-If there is one, yes. All stuff would need to be in TN by Sep 25th.

Eagle-Should be, but if there is only and Intel/IDC board it might not be rollovers, because any apps that went in that were not seen were labeled "pro-ex" (exempt from board review) and were sent back to the recruiters.
I emailed my processor and asked about the process since no NFO selections were made in August. So I should get word on Monday hopefully.

Well, I think I have decided to go the AF route and take their offer for a pilot slot. I think it meets the goals of my family a little bit better than the Navy might. I wish you all the best! Hopefully I won't even get selected for the Navy so it frees up another spot for everyone else. It is unfortunate that the timing of the boards got delayed to the same-ish time frame. I never wanted to have my hand in both sides at the same time. Oh well. Congrats to all those that are going to get selected!

shutout39

pilot
Congrats Bobola. Tough decision! As a civvie I dont have any first hand knowledge, but from everything I have read/heard over the years - AF is 2nd only Coast Guard for quality of life for a family man such as yourself. I doubt you'll regret your decision.... Good luck!

PS: It doesn't really matter, we're all going to be flying the F35 anyways right?!

SDPilot6

Well, I think I have decided to go the AF route and take their offer for a pilot slot. I think it meets the goals of my family a little bit better than the Navy might. I wish you all the best! Hopefully I won't even get selected for the Navy so it frees up another spot for everyone else. It is unfortunate that the timing of the boards got delayed to the same-ish time frame. I never wanted to have my hand in both sides at the same time. Oh well. Congrats to all those that are going to get selected!

Congrats and best of luck with the AF! Please let us know though if you are selected in case a list of alternates have been selected for the SNA board.

I will be sure to let y'all know. It was a VERY tough decision but I think it will be the right one for my family. When I started this process with the Navy I was probably 70/30 in regards to my preference if I had to chose between the AF and the NAVY. After reading up on the Navy's traditions and all their other programs, my opinion rapidly changed. Right now I am a 51/49. If I didn't have a family and wife to take into consideration I would probably have taken the Navy slot without hesitation. Either way I am glad to have the choice behind me and feel very fortunate to be given the opportunity. I have been impressed with every encounter I have had with Navy personnel and hope for the opportunity to work with Navy in the future.

Edit: they have to make enough f-35s first. ;)

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I will be sure to let y'all know. It was a VERY tough decision but I think it will be the right one for my family. When I started this process with the Navy I was probably 70/30 in regards to my preference if I had to chose between the AF and the NAVY. After reading up on the Navy's traditions and all their other programs, my opinion rapidly changed. Right now I am a 51/49. If I didn't have a family and wife to take into consideration I would probably have taken the Navy slot without hesitation. Either way I am glad to have the choice behind me and feel very fortunate to be given the opportunity. I have been impressed with every encounter I have had with Navy personnel and hope for the opportunity to work with Navy in the future.

Edit: they have to make enough f-35s first. ;)
Well from all my pilot buddies in UPT right now.. they keep telling me the Navy has a slower pace training program, where as the Air Force's is more time demanding.. So maybe that will add to your pot of ingredients for a decision ;)

I probably would still have picked AF, but I'm prior AF.. It really depends on if you're reserver or guard vs active duty..

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Ok now I'm getting anxious..

I think we all are. I am really hoping tomorrow is the day (that today they finished reformatting the list). Today marks 4 weeks after the original board date and tomorrow is 3 after it actually started. Definitely did not expect to still be waiting for results at this point, but it really cannot be much longer.