• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
I got a call from an 847 number which is the same as my NRD and my stomach sank.. I thought that was the call.. Turned out to be some bill collector for someone looking for someone with the same last name as me.. :confused:

No, not yet. I bug them everyday and I promise I will post the instant that list is compiled and signed!

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Its pretty much in the context that you use it. When referring to a person or profession that person is a Naval Officer. As for OCS, I think you have to look at is the "United States Navy's" Officer Training Command.

Damnit, I hate when I post something only to find out that while I was typing someone beat me to the punch. You're explanation is way easier to understand than mine...you win.

mjv305

ENS SNA
I dont have the gall to check the results when they come out. This is my one and only look to become a pilot in the Navy..Its either i get out in 2 years at end of my enlistment or do career if i get picked up. Huge difference.
I am hoping I get an official email from my CMC or CO saying congrats..Good Luck to everybody..I know I can cut my tension with a knife...

mjv305

ENS SNA
im too old. turn 29 in July, my waiver would be good until next september for NFO, but when is the next board? NFO was my second choice for this board, but OCS guy told me it was full and i wouldnt make it to the boards..

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
im too old. turn 29 in July, my waiver would be good until next september for NFO, but when is the next board?

NFO is waived up to 31 for priors assuming you have enough active duty time before you turned 27. Board dates aren't released yet, but you should have plenty of time to apply for NFO.

mjv305

ENS SNA
Really.. When did they change the age? The waiver i got from Mrs. Hudspeth (spelling?) states 2 months after 29th birthday with no exceptions. I guess i have some light at the end of this tunnel if I find out bad news in the upcoming days..

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Really.. When did they change the age? The waiver i got from Mrs. Hudspeth (spelling?) states 2 months after 29th birthday with no exceptions. I guess i have some light at the end of this tunnel if I find out bad news in the upcoming days..

It has been 31 as long as I have been in recruiting (2 years). The caveat is that it is only waived past 27 for the amount of active duty time you served before you turned 27, up to 4 years for NFO and 2 years for SNA.

Sonog

pilot
Hopefully today, because if anything is finalized tomorrow, then I definitely won't here anything from the OR until next week.

Do civ processors know if you're selected when the results are finalized?

So if you have already finished MEPS and your SF86 is there anything that needs to be signed right after you get pro-reqd? I am asking this because I am leaving on vacation tonight to Munich for Oktoberfest and won’t be back for 2 weeks, and this is a long way from my OR in Honolulu. I just want to make sure there is nothing time sensitive that needs to be signed right after pro-req.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
So if you have already finished MEPS and your SF86 is there anything that needs to be signed right after you get pro-reqd? I am asking this because I am leaving on vacation tonight to Munich for Oktoberfest and won’t be back for 2 weeks, and this is a long way from my OR in Honolulu. I just want to make sure there is nothing time sensitive that needs to be signed right after pro-req.
I'm pretty sure its just do it as you can. But don't quote me on that. I'm sure others know better then me, but this wait sucks. Oh well time for beer.