• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 08 Boards

Veovis

PRO REC SNA!
I've never flown and I know nothing about aviation. I got those scores purely from studying, and they were decent enough that I decided for kicks to put down NFO as my third choice. But don't get me wrong, if I get selected for NFO and nothing else I will definitely take it. Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

K I just want to make sure I'm following this... So if you were picked up by all 3 boards, your first choice would be Supply and NFO only if Supply and Intel didn't pick up? Everyone has their cup of tea, just seems a bit unusual.

Piacevole

Yeah, I know, but I was never interested in aviation (not sure how I ended up on this forum). Supply most closely matches my degree, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get picked for intel considering how competitive it is.

Lobster

Yeah, I know, but I was never interested in aviation (not sure how I ended up on this forum). Supply most closely matches my degree, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get picked for intel considering how competitive it is.

Never say never, you've got to believe in yourself (as corny as that sounds).

Inexorable

Sitting in Purgatory
Well, my OSO hasn't said if I have or haven't made it to the August board, but here goes for posterity's sake.

Applying for SNA and SNFO.

-ASTB: 7/7/6 56
-3.059 GPA from the University of California San Diego; Political Science/International Relations and United States History. (My degree GPAs are much higher, for what it's worth.)
-Worked during all five years in school as an IT guy. I also worked as a Resident Advisor for two years, on top of being an IT guy.
-Spent a year and a half in NROTC. I was not picked up for Advanced Standing or a scholarship. (Which is why I'm here!)
-LORs from three previous employers, including a Dean of my college.

My OSO and the NRD's OPO said I have a good shot, so we'll see what happens.

Lola

haha well in that case, good luck to the both of us...

and I know this is waayy off topic (I searched the forum, but all the topics/posts are old or closed)...I heard that women get their hair cut SHORT at OCS...is this still policy?? And if so, how short??.....

(Direct me to another thread if needed, thanks!)

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
haha well in that case, good luck to the both of us...

and I know this is waayy off topic (I searched the forum, but all the topics/posts are old or closed)...I heard that women get their hair cut SHORT at OCS...is this still policy?? And if so, how short??.....

(Direct me to another thread if needed, thanks!)

I am pretty sure that they still cut it short... have you seen GI Jane?... Im kidding, they cut it above the shoulders so it doesn't cover or touch the collar. So there is still some good length, more than us males who get the chop.

Probably to early for September boards, though I think that I am going to be up for it, definitly if I dont get selected for Supply. SWO and SNA's next boards are the 15th of September, then Supply probably the 30th of September.

Lobster

Grows about an inch by the time you get liberty...or at least thats what the broads from An Officer And A Gentleman say. :p

gusthebus229

6/6/7-54 oar
3.4 GPA Aviation Management Louisiana Tech university
10:30 Run, 53 pushups, 67 situps
Current officer of rugby team, co-captian and public affairs for aviation service fraternity
several officer positions in the past
all-district football in high school.
LOR's: Aviation Department head (retired coast guard pilot), Two coaches, and current employer.
Student pilot in training with about 20 hours, will have an instrument rating and about 200 hours when i graduate.

Veovis

PRO REC SNA!
I think it's time to start a thread for the Sept. boards....lol :)

Started;) I'm a master at the hurry up and wait... Good luck to you guys in August, but I'm not gonna lie, I need them to save all the SNA spots for Sept. to give me a chance

Lobster

Started;) I'm a master at the hurry up and wait... Good luck to you guys in August, but I'm not gonna lie, I need them to save all the SNA spots for Sept. to give me a chance

Haha we've all become quite accomplished at the fine are of "hurry up and wait" ;)