• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 08 Boards

Avalanche24

Hello everyone.
This is my first post on here, so let's hope I get it right.
It seems like the first 15 days of August are going by at a snails pace.
Applying for SWO-Oceano/BDCP
Millersville University - 3.29GPA BS Meteorology
ACT - 28
ASTB - 56 (I don't know the other parts, I don't think they matter for SWO)
I did my PRT like a month ago, and I don't remember the exact times/numbers, but I passed.
*crosses fingers*

Lobster

Yeah my recruiter said the same thing, ACT as well. I didn't NEED both, but he recommended it since they were both pretty good. I called up SAT and asked for my scores and they sent them free of charge, so i'm wondering if I just got lucky or you just got shafted out of 40 bucks. I hope I receive them in time for the October board.. ACT scores set me back 25 bucks, but they arrived in less than a week.

I think you just got lucky, my recruiter dialed the number and made me call them while I was in the office and mid phone call i thought "wait i've got these at home" so i didn't need to pay the money, the SAT people told me that it was a 40 dollar charge and they couldn't guarantee that they would find the scores? Yeah I'm going to pay you that much to not give me what I want...college board clowns...just call your high school because they should keep everything on file

Lola

Seems like a lot of guys do that. Go and take the PRT after they are finished a MEPS, I never understood why, you're not going to be at your best. I guess its good to get it out of the way but I did mine another time.

Thanks for the input guys.
Does anyone know if I'd be allowed to wear my Zune or Ipod when doing the PRT?? That may sound wierd, but music really helps with the whole mental game....

thanks!

rhinoh82

I would say this is up to the person administering the test. I'm not aware of any specific order stating that you can't wear one. Call your OR, who will more than likely be administering your PRT, I doubt they will have a problem with it. However, this might be good training for when you take the in PRT at OCS and won't have the luxury of an iPod.

Lobster

Does anyone know if I'd be allowed to wear my Zune or Ipod when doing the PRT?? That may sound wierd, but music really helps with the whole mental game....

thanks!

I don't think they'd have a problem with it but talk to your OR, and rhinoh is right you're not going to have that luxury at OCS so you might as well start getting used to it.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC

thanks!

There definitely is that motiviation factor, but I found that not listening to music (I always have my iPod going when I run) and talking to myself to go harder and faster was a much better idea. It also helped that my recruiter did the PRT with me, and he motivated me at the end to make those last few steps faster. After though, as I was dying and in dire need of liquid, he continued on running and made me look like a sissy. It helps to run with someone, as long as they help you and don't hold you back, as your recruiter if he/she will do it with you.

Avalanche24

I was not allowed to have an iPod for my PRT (I asked right before). I think it's up to the person administering the test, but certainly don't count on having one.

Lobster

There definitely is that motiviation factor, but I found that not listening to music (I always have my iPod going when I run) and talking to myself to go harder and faster was a much better idea. It also helped that my recruiter did the PRT with me, and he motivated me at the end to make those last few steps faster. After though, as I was dying and in dire need of liquid, he continued on running and made me look like a sissy. It helps to run with someone, as long as they help you and don't hold you back, as your recruiter if he/she will do it with you.

Oh yeah. "I think i can, I think I can, I think I can" beats the tunes anyday.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Oh yeah. "I think i can, I think I can, I think I can" beats the tunes anyday.

That, or your recruiter screaming at you from the other side of the track "Lets go jt71582...pick it up!"

Good guy, good motivator. :D

Lobster

So tomorrow is the 15th. My guess is that they board isn't going to meet until Monday the 18th at least but, uh oh here we go !!!:eek:

Ajleger

my app

Hey everyone, first post! Anyways, Im in for the august boards too..
BDCP SNA:
GPA: 3.92 electrical engineering UCF (1 yr out from graduating)
ASTB: 7/7/7 59
PRT: 10:57 run, 78 situps and 71 pushups
LOR: Just former employers and a priest.

Lack of extracurricular activities will hurt me, but have held down a fulltime job while going to school.

Good luck all