• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 08 Boards

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
I know that the majority of posters on here are going for SNA or SNFO, however there are still a bunch of us going for Non-Aviation positions, and I think that we deserve a voice on here as well. I know that Airwarriors is supposed to be for Aviation, but seriously, this website has become so much more than that over the years and it is more of a hub for Future Naval Officers, no matter what designator they choose.

I am planning on submitting for August boards, my stats are below:

Applying (1) SWO (2) Supply

- ASTB: 6/6/5 - 58
- 3.24 GPA - San Diego State University (Accounting)
- 3 1/2 Years of Work Experience as a Billing Manager (Lots of Experience for Supply and SWO)
- Applying for BDCP, will be graduating in December 2009
- Haven't taken the PRT yet, my times though: Run - 9:30, SU - 60, PU - 60... these are all estimates and averages.
- Haven't had my LOR's completed yet, but trying for atleast interviews froom both SWO and Supply Officers (0-4 or higher), LOR from Current Employeer, College Professor.

If anyone has any extra information they think that I should do, or add, please let me know so I can make my package as outstanding as possible.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Good luck to you. There are usually some non-aviation applicants on the normal "monthly board" threads.

Maybe this should be moved from the "SWO" subforum to the "Questions About Becoming a Naval Officer" or "Navy OCS" subforums with the others, just for the sake of organization.

amongclouds08

I am hoping to submit to the August boards as well. Here's my info:

Applying for Intel/Supply/SWO

-ASTB: 4/4/4 OAR 47
-BA Political Science/Biology, Missouri State Univ., 2.7 GPA
-10:15 1.5 mi. run, 50pushups, 55situps (still working on that!)
-LOR's from a professor, business owner who knows me well, retired O-6 aviator (my uncle), and interviewing with an O-3 SWO from local NROTC program

Right now I'm still trying to get paperwork completed for MEPS (having issues with that, not on my part). I know my numbers, by themselves, scream "average" but I was told I'm competitive for at least Supply and SWO. Intel is always a long shot, of course, but I know my letters are all very strong and so is my personal statement. Do I have a chance at Intel? How does August look for Intel placement?

Best of luck to anyone else trying for August boards!!

SkidGear

6/7/6 48 ASTB
10:05 1.5 mile, 65 pushups, 80 situps
LORs: Current aviation employer, dean of college, Pastor, Retired Commander who flew Avengers in WWII
GPA 2.88 Admin of Justice degree
Currently flying helicopters with about 900 hours of Pilot in Command time
Commercial/Instrument Rotor

Applying SNA on August Board

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Good luck to you. There are usually some non-aviation applicants on the normal "monthly board" threads.

Maybe this should be moved from the "SWO" subforum to the "Questions About Becoming a Naval Officer" or "Navy OCS" subforums with the others, just for the sake of organization.

Good point I will look into transfering the post to that area, I was mainly looking for other people interested in APplying for SWO slots, so that is why I wanted it to be here. It will probably reach a lot more people not familiar with the SWO forum who are still interest in SWO if I place it in that forum.

I am hoping to submit to the August boards as well. Here's my info:

Applying for Intel/Supply/SWO

-ASTB: 4/4/4 OAR 47
-BA Political Science/Biology, Missouri State Univ., 2.7 GPA
-10:15 1.5 mi. run, 50pushups, 55situps (still working on that!)
-LOR's from a professor, business owner who knows me well, retired O-6 aviator (my uncle), and interviewing with an O-3 SWO from local NROTC program

Right now I'm still trying to get paperwork completed for MEPS (having issues with that, not on my part). I know my numbers, by themselves, scream "average" but I was told I'm competitive for at least Supply and SWO. Intel is always a long shot, of course, but I know my letters are all very strong and so is my personal statement. Do I have a chance at Intel? How does August look for Intel placement?

Best of luck to anyone else trying for August boards!!

Like everyone on here has been saying, the ASTB and GPA are only part of your package. Though they are not on the high end of the spectrum, they aren't horrible, and since you are not planning on going aviation, your AQR, PFAR and FOFAR are completely pointless when it comes to selection time. As for Intel, I read on a post here a few weeks ago that there were only about 5 selectees for Intel for FY08, so the competition was intense. I have also seen read that for Intel an OAR of 55 and GPA of 3.5 is competetive, but that is just talk on this site, however, I believe it if there were only a small handful of people picked up. I think that you probably have a damn good shot at SUpply and SWO, but I have never applied before now so I don't know what scores would be DQ's. Have you thought about taking the OAR portion again? How much did you study before taking it? There is a lot of material out here that is really helpful in preparing for the test.

Lobster

Hey fellas, looks like I'm moving from the july boards to the august ones...starting all over again, good luck to everyone!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I would have been August board..BUT my class ended yesterday and grades won't be turned into ADMIN until the 31st so it looks like SEPT board for me...

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
I would have been August board..BUT my class ended yesterday and grades won't be turned into ADMIN until the 31st so it looks like SEPT board for me...

I turned in my package for the May board w/o my newest grades which came out in mid-April. I didn't have to wait for the June boards.

Fiasco1101

FINAL SELECT
'07 Grad University of Notre Dame
B.S. Architecture 3.232 gpa

Applying SNA/SNFO
ASTB 7/7/7 54
PRT: 75 p.u. 95 s.u. 11:14min 1.5m
LOR's O-5 (reserve), O-4 (ret.), founding shareholder for an accounting firm (ND grad), 1 Army (5 yrs served current Chairman of the Board of Directors Coast Guard Foundation)

No prior flight time

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Why do I get the feeling this is going to be a huge board?

everyone wants that fresh BDCP money before the fall semester :) ..and you have to think, all the summer graduates are done with school too. so that's a few more than usual.

FDX

It's mind games!
everyone wants that fresh BDCP money before the fall semester :) ..and you have to think, all the summer graduates are done with school too. so that's a few more than usual.

I think every board is big...the amount who post on airwarriors is what varies.
Just my opinion tho.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
All boards are competitive no doubt..I'm just saying the peak times being summer and winter when kids are getting out of college. I can only speak for non-BDCP since I only compete with people who are out of college. My competition pool gets larger when all those guys are about to graduate...and that's typically in the graduation months.

Lobster

I think every board is big...the amount who post on airwarriors is what varies.
Just my opinion tho.

It seemed to be pretty consistent, I've only looked at the past couple months though, I think this month was different because there was another July 08 Boards thread that just got merged with the one I started so it didn't seem like there were that many on here.