• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 08 Boards

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Hey fellas, looks like I'm moving from the july boards to the august ones...starting all over again, good luck to everyone!
Good luck to you too Kurtzie.

Going in for INTEL, SWO/IP, SWO/IW

Non-prior
ASTB: 54/5/5/5
BA: UCLA, magna cum laude
Double major: Political Science - International Relations, History
GPA: 3.87

LORs: 5 - 3 professors (one a ret. USNA O-3), 2 employers
Interviews: 2 O-4s, 1 O-3
PRT: PU 77, CU 69, Run 11:39

Multilingual, extensive traveling experience (Europe, Middle East, Asia), lived and studied abroad for many years

Yeah I get the feeling this is a heavy board too.

Do they put us all in the same pot or do they split us up by priors, USNA, ROTC, BDCP etc?

5 for the whole year (FY 2008) is pretty slim odds. Does anyone know out of how many applicants?

Good luck everyone!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
USNA, ROTC don't go through these boards...OCS is for guys off the street. We fill the slots that the ROTC/USNA did not fill up.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
haha does that mean we have something they don't, we've got street cred...:p

Actually, we're sloppy thirds. But hey, the end goal is the same and it doesn't matter which pipeline you take. However, this one is riskier odds. So like mom and dad always said, have a solid back up plan if you don't get into NAVAIR or whatever you choose. Big Navy doesn't care that all you've wanted to do was be an Officer. For every pro-rec on here there's 100 non-selects who had to go to plan B. Believe it.

Lobster

Actually, we're sloppy thirds. But hey, the end goal is the same and it doesn't matter which pipeline you take. However, this one is riskier odds. So like mom and dad always said, have a solid back up plan if you don't get into NAVAIR or whatever you choose.

Eh, sloppy thirds maybe but where's the fun in taking the easy road of ROTC or the Academy to commision (kidding of course and I'm well aware both those paths are hard roads and am green with envy of those who go to the academy or have NROTC at their schools). I mean checking airwarriors 20+ times a day to see if anyone has heard anything, getting rejected or pushed back and re-applying, I could think of other ways to describe us, relentless, tenacious maybe?

bbf7b2

pilot
I've been mostly lurking around these boards but I'm also up for the August boards so I'll put my info out there.
I'm applying for BDCP as an SNA.
Graduating May 09 with a BA in Neuroscience from Oberlin College
ASTB: 9/9/9 66 (I know 66 isn't bad but it kinda looks silly after all those 9s I guess I suck at reading comprehension.)
GPA: 3.3
Haven't officially taken the PRT but I should be about a 10 min run 70 PU 90 SU
LORs from retired Army O-4 Vietnam Vet Huey pilot I work with, academic advisor who is former Air Force O-3, Chief Flight Instructor I work for, and Head baseball coach
I play varsity baseball at school and I flight instruct during the summer. I have Comm ASEL with IA and CFI with close to 400 hrs and approaching 100 dual given.

My OR says my chances are pretty good, but I'm still counting the minutes to some unknown time in August just waiting to hear. Good luck to all you guys, I know it's all I think about now and it isn't even August.

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
I've been mostly lurking around these boards but I'm also up for the August boards so I'll put my info out there.
ASTB: 9/9/9 66 (I know 66 isn't bad but it kinda looks silly after all those 9s I guess I suck at reading comprehension.)
LORs from retired Army O-4 Vietnam Vet Huey pilot I work with, academic advisor who is former Air Force O-3, Chief Flight Instructor I work for, and Head baseball coach
I play varsity baseball at school and I flight instruct during the summer. I have Comm ASEL with IA and CFI with close to 400 hrs and approaching 100 dual given.

My OR says my chances are pretty good, but I'm still counting the minutes to some unknown time in August just waiting to hear. Good luck to all you guys, I know it's all I think about now and it isn't even August.

Pretty good? Dude with your ASTB scores, potential PRT scores, GPA, flight experience, and degree field I'd say your chances are EXCELLENT. In fact, I'd be very surprised if you need to apply more than once. Your stats are stellar man. Quite jealous. PS- I'm waiting to take the PRT, however my OR is trying to get me into the September board.

6/7/6 56 ASTB
2.94 GPA (going to be above 3.0 after I make A's in my summer classes)
Private Pilot
Full time kitchen manager at a fine dining restaurant
Aerospace Administration major (graduate Dec 09)
LOR's from- GM at my restaurant, pastor/mentor, aerospace professor and advisor.
PRT- haven't done it yet, but I'm not worried about it.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.

Well, thats basically one spot gone from the allotted slots for the August board (Unless he tells them he is a pot-head, drug loving, crime lord in the motivational statement)

bbf7b2

pilot
I had this sinking feeling sharing my stats wasn't going to make me a lot of friends :) I know the numbers look good but I'm keeping the celebratory keg on ice until I actually raise my right hand, there's always something that could go wrong. And since the question seems to have come up a few times, no I'm not a drug lord, or a child molester, or whatever else so as long as the security investigation doesn't dig up how much I spend a month on beer I should be OK. :icon_tong

Lobster

I had this sinking feeling sharing my stats wasn't going to make me a lot of friends :) I know the numbers look good but I'm keeping the celebratory keg on ice until I actually raise my right hand, there's always something that could go wrong. And since the question seems to have come up a few times, no I'm not a drug lord, or a child molester, or whatever else so as long as the security investigation doesn't dig up how much I spend a month on beer I should be OK. :icon_tong

I'd say you've made friends just very jealous friends :p

FDX

It's mind games!

With astb scores like yours you could be a gang member, drug lord, baby killer, etc., etc., and they'll still want you in!:D:D:D Great job and good luck!.....not that you need it or anything.