• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying for a Naval Commission

Lola

If you go to an enlistment office, they can get you in contact with an officer recruiter....

at least that's how it worked for me. They called an OR and I set up an appt the next day.

Krys

Navy.com should give you a number for an officer as well as enlisted recruiter if you click the "Find a recruiter" link. At least it does for my zip code.

If that doesn't work, try finding the nearest NRD's website and they should have contact info.
You can click the drop down menu on the left side under the world map to find an NRD near you.

Good luck, and damn this thread is old :icon_tong

haha I know I'll admit that I used to be one of those 'anonymous lurkers' for this forum for a few months up until yesterday when I built up enough balls to actually join and ask a question myself XD

but anyway, thanks for the information and advise, I guess it wasn't just a regular enlistment office that I searched up on their site

Navy.com should give you a number for an officer as well as enlisted recruiter if you click the "Find a recruiter" link. At least it does for my zip code.

If that doesn't work, try finding the nearest NRD's website and they should have contact info.
You can click the drop down menu on the left side under the world map to find an NRD near you.

Good luck, and damn this thread is old :icon_tong

Good info. The Navy.com site has been notorious for posting bad numbers for officer recruiters. As it stands right now, the number is listed is for the NRD so after 5 phone transfers, you might find the right recruiter. I am trying to change this fact but in the meantime the best bet is calling your local enlisted recruiter and get a referral to an officer.

govols1

I am applying for OCS soon, and have access to two recommendations from Captains (Navy of course). I was wondering how beneficial those will be?
P.S. I am new to this site!

I am applying for OCS soon, and have access to two recommendations from Captains (Navy of course). I was wondering how beneficial those will be?
P.S. I am new to this site!

Depends on what program you are applying for,the designators of the 0-6's, and the quality of the recommendations. For instance, if you are applying for Intel and the rec's are from Intel 0-6's, then this greatly improves your chances. If you have a supply 0-6 give a recommendation for SEAL, then not so much.

Ensure that rec's are personable, not generic, and that they help tell your story on why you will make a great officer.

Good luck with the process.

govols1

Thank you very much for responding. That is really good advice. I want to be a Naval Aviator. And my next concern is my age. I am young, 18, in school(university of Tennessee!![4.0 too!!]), and all though my resume has a lot going for me, I lack in experience. I've read many peoples profiles and many of the other profiles are 24 and have been n active duty for many years and have flight experiance. I don't want to know my chances per say, Im just wondering if recruiters see young age in a negative way for such a big slot.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thank you very much for responding. That is really good advice. I want to be a Naval Aviator. And my next concern is my age. I am young, 18, in school(university of Tennessee!![4.0 too!!]), and all though my resume has a lot going for me, I lack in experience. I've read many peoples profiles and many of the other profiles are 24 and have been n active duty for many years and have flight experiance. I don't want to know my chances per say, Im just wondering if recruiters see young age in a negative way for such a big slot.
You won't be able to apply for awhile. Generally, for BDCP you will need to have completed soph year. Otherwise, you need to be within a year of graduating. If you are worried about your age and life's experience, then make changes. Get some gainful employment, earn leadership positions, volunteer, age faster ;). You will be OK.

Trackguy

* Just wondering about eligibility. I applied Marine PLC-air in 2006 and was selected. I was unable to attend OCS training and did not continue with the program. I have regretted the circumstances since, obviously. Would i be eligible to apply as an officer of the Navy after this?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
* Just wondering about eligibility. I applied Marine PLC-air in 2006 and was selected. I was unable to attend OCS training and did not continue with the program. I have regretted the circumstances since, obviously. Would i be eligible to apply as an officer of the Navy after this?

Probably. You will just have to explain, very well, why you didn't ship to USMC OCS and why you want to come to the Navy now. See a recruiter. He will have handle on how it will effect your chances in this competitive environment.

SecretSquirrel

Navy Commission

Great gouge Senior Chief. Thank you.

Where can I find sample Personal Statements? I am trying to get an idea of how to write mine for the Officer Program Application. I am not sure of the format or level of detail. My recruiter did not have any for me to review.

V/R,
IS1 Jaramillo
S2, NCOIC
FOB RUSHMORE
ARSIC-E AFGHANISTAN

lintoncr

I am working on my OCS package now with Pilot being my first choice. I am 27 and have 6.5 yrs enlisted service. Is there a specific waiver form I need to add to my package? If so, does anybody have a link to it?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am working on my OCS package now with Pilot being my first choice. I am 27 and have 6.5 yrs enlisted service. Is there a specific waiver form I need to add to my package? If so, does anybody have a link to it?

Not that I recall, but things change. The board simply applies the appropriate number of months waiver you qualify for (in your case two years). Since you are on active duty I am assuming you have not talked to a recruiter. I'd call the local NRD and ask to talk to the processor, a civilian. He has all the docs needed and will know what is required. He could fax or email to you anything you need. My guess is you will not need to request the waiver. The board will see you are on active duty and due a waiver. Good luck.

lintoncr

Gotcha, I was thinking that the waiver would be implied. I talked to the local recruiter to schedule the ASTB test, next time I talk to him I will ask about the waiver just to double make sure. THANKS