• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another nail in the coffin of Old-School Naval Avaition..

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
There's a difference between being proactive and being a retard. Tread lightly, lest ye be judged retarded.

BigRed389

None
You know, I've been lucky enough to have a GREAT CO for most of my first tour, and my second tour wasn't even on a ship.

And despite that, just remembering how much of a douche my first skipper was, combined with the miserable SWO O-5+ leadership I've seen working with other commands reinforces my decision to punch out of SWO.

I don't have a problem with working hard. I've functioned on 3-4 hrs a night for a week straight for several exercises, planning and executing training scenarios that actually contributed to mission readiness. It's pretty rewarding to see a shipboard warfare section or patrol unit you're responsible for kick the shit out of OPFOR, especially if they're European.

I do have a problem with having to hold up liberty or come in to work weekends again and again due to bullshit requirements or poor resource management by senior personnel. Or even worse, sometimes not having the stones to tell THEIR bosses they're being retarded.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It that an unattributed MB quote in there? Also, I like how Navy Times gets the policy completely wrong in the third paragraph. Idiots.

Brett

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Did I mis the part about flight suites in town? Also, they haven't yet hung 164/12 on the npc website...?

Also, anyone know why there are Sailors all over NUW with the woodland digi-cam? I thought that was reserved for expeditionary organizations.?.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Did I mis the part about flight suites in town?
It's subtle, but here it is...

A number of changes to the Navy flight suit occasion and manner of wear are contained in the NAVADMIN, including changes to the approved colors for undershirts and aligning the manner of wear of the one-piece flight suit with the Navy Working Uniform (NWU) Type I.
So now (assuming this summary is correct) you can wear your flight suit out in town, in accordance with NAVADMIN 366/11 - to wit:
NWU TYPE I, II AND III WEAR IS AUTHORIZED FOR COMMUTING AND ALL NORMAL TASKS
AND ASSOCIATED STOPS (E.G. STOPS AT CHILD CARE, GAS STATIONS, OFF-BASE
SHOPPING, BANKING, DMV AND DINING) BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE WORKDAY.
SINCE NWUS ARE NOT A LIBERTY UNIFORM, CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL WHILE OFF-BASE IN
NWUS IS NOT PERMITTED.
Again, assuming the first quotation is accurate...

bbf7b2

pilot
A number of changes to the Navy flight suit occasion and manner of wear are contained in the NAVADMIN, including changes to the approved colors for undershirts and aligning the manner of wear of the one-piece flight suit with the Navy Working Uniform (NWU) Type I.

As long as we can wear flight suits in the same manner as NWU Type 1, that includes pretty much all stops to and from work including restaurants, grocery stores, retail, etc.

rreagan3

VP-NESS
None
Also, anyone know why there are Sailors all over NUW with the woodland digi-cam? I thought that was reserved for expeditionary organizations.?.

They are probably headed out for deployment, we got them before we left. It's super smart - helps us blend in with all the trees and bushes out here in the desert. there was some rationale for why they didn't give us the desert pattern but i don't recall what it was.