• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another nail in the coffin of Old-School Naval Avaition..

RotorHead04

Patch Mafia
pilot
Also, anyone know why there are Sailors all over NUW with the woodland digi-cam? I thought that was reserved for expeditionary organizations.?.

There are a surprising number of units that qualify to wear the uniform. Example: Any helo units that work with NSW (important to note: INCONUS training counts) are authorized. Hence, it has been popping up with great frequency on the seawall in Norfolk. I think my CO put it best when he said, "It's been a long time since I have seen people so proud of a particular uniform. Plus, it makes us look like a military again." He, like many, is not a fan of digi-smurf.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
NPC does not have NAVADMIN 164/12 on the NPC website. The website says "A number of changes to the Navy flight suit occasion and manner of wear are contained in the NAVADMIN, including changes to the approved colors for undershirts and aligning the manner of wear of the one-piece flight suit with the Navy Working Uniform (NWU) Type I."

I'll wait to see what the message says before I start sweating the details.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Black T-shirts. However, you can wear any place one would wear NWU's.

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
At work. I knew it was eventually going to hit the street. NPC should have it up Monday.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
"An improved design of the male E1-E6 Service Dress Blue (SDB) Uniform, incorporating a side zipper on the jumper and a hidden center zipper on the trousers, is approved. The uniform is scheduled to begin distribution in October 2015, at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, and Fleet availability is expected by October 2018. Specific details regarding fleet availability will be announced in a future NAVADMIN."

Wow, only six years to get a new pair of trousers out to the fleet. Impressive. (NOT)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
At work. I knew it was eventually going to hit the street. NPC should have it up Monday.

I don't have access to message traffic here at work, so I'm curious... Are you seeing it on message traffic? If so, is there any reason not to post it here?

....and I just realized it's Saturday so I'm guessing you're probably not at work. I hate 6-day weeks...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I thought bags were already approved for those types of short work transit stops, ie gas station, dropping kids off, picking your car up from service, etc. Unless this says I can now walk into starbucks or chick-fil-a to pick up stuff to go instead of roasting in my car in the drive-through, it doesn't sound like much of any change.

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
MIDNJAC,

Now you can go into a restraunt and sit down for lunch vice the drive thru.

gotta_fly

pilot
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I thought bags were already approved for those types of short work transit stops, ie gas station, dropping kids off, picking your car up from service, etc. Unless this says I can now walk into starbucks or chick-fil-a to pick up stuff to go instead of roasting in my car in the drive-through, it doesn't sound like much of any change.

NWUs have been authorized for pretty much everything short of alcohol consumption, so bags would be way more flexible.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Awesome, about time this stupid reg was ammended. I've always thought that quite contrary to the intent of the rule, bag striking out in town is, if anything, awesome for recruitment and general PR for Naval Air. At least as long as we don't look like bags of ass (no pun intended) while doing it. This will make life easier though.......call me a dork, but I have always been pretty careful about not being seen around Navy heavy places I have lived and/or flown in like SD/Miramar/Pendleton and Norfolk/VA Beach in the bags, even at the extreme detriment of convenience.

gotta_fly

pilot
Awesome, about time this stupid reg was ammended. I've always thought that quite contrary to the intent of the rule, bag striking out in town is, if anything, awesome for recruitment and general PR for Naval Air. At least as long as we don't look like bags of ass (no pun intended) while doing it. This will make life easier though.......call me a dork, but I have always been pretty careful about not being seen around Navy heavy places I have lived and/or flown in like SD/Miramar/Pendleton and Norfolk/VA Beach in the bags, even at the extreme detriment of convenience.
I agree completely, although I'm guilty of pushing my luck. One of the few side benefits of being on an AFB.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2