• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Russell1015

I just got word from my chain of command that Mr. Celestin has received their official recommendation for a transfer date. I should get my orders in 14 to 21 days. I'll keep you guys posted when I do and let you know what class I get.

I wish my COC was this engaged between them and Paul I haven't heard shit

xeroseal87

Well...I was a little persistent. Paul sent the email to my chain saying I was selected and wanted a date when I was available to transfer. I told my chief I wanted the September class and he sent the email off. He replied that specfic class dates can't be guaranteed and i need to be flexible because COVID, reduced class sizes, needs of the navy etc. I waited about a week then emailed him myself, because I just wanted a rough idea. Pretty much got the same email back with the addition of if the delay is causing a hardship to route it through my chain and have them email him. So I talked to chief and XO and they replied pointing out my ass is old and I'm already on an age waiver so sooner the better. I guess he took it into consideration and forwarded my stuff off for a final approval.

Well...I was a little persistent. Paul sent the email to my chain saying I was selected and wanted a date when I was available to transfer. I told my chief I wanted the September class and he sent the email off. He replied that specfic class dates can't be guaranteed and i need to be flexible because COVID, reduced class sizes, needs of the navy etc. I waited about a week then emailed him myself, because I just wanted a rough idea. Pretty much got the same email back with the addition of if the delay is causing a hardship to route it through my chain and have them email him. So I talked to chief and XO and they replied pointing out my ass is old and I'm already on an age waiver so sooner the better. I guess he took it into consideration and forwarded my stuff off for a final approval.
I’m not quite as old as you, but I’m right there. Gonna be 32 next month with an already approved age waiver, but I would still rather leave sooner than later just to be safe haha. Plus my Conditional Release for interservice transfer expires in January so I need to leave before then at least. Congratulations on getting that final approval!

BrianTruix

I just got word from my chain of command that Mr. Celestin has received their official recommendation for a transfer date. I should get my orders in 14 to 21 days. I'll keep you guys posted when I do and let you know what class I get.
Don't hold your breathe man. I was selected in the January board of this year and was told 06SEP for a class up. I have been working with Paul and asked for an update on orders for that date and he sent me this. "Until a class date has been confirmed for you, 06 SEP 2020 does not exist, I will notify you and your command once a class has been confirmed. PO2 please continued to be patient, be flexible and most importantly be safe. "

Our designators arent needed from what I've been told.

Timster96

My CO got the same email from Mr. Celestin saying that I was selected and asking when I would like to leave for OCS. My CO told him that I would like to leave ASAP and he forwarded my stuff onto PERS for Final approval then he will give me my OCS dates. Hopefully this helps everyone else a little bit.

zbr23

Sorry, so who from the 25May20 SNA/SNFO board has actually received their FINSEL with an official OCS ship date? I'm tracking (1); maybe (2) guys... Again, sorry, just trying to get a better idea of how many guys/gals are getting called up per class. Essentially, a best-guess SNA/SNFO call up per OCS class; so to speak... Realizing that this probably oscillates per class of course!

xeroseal87

Sorry, so who from the 25May20 SNA/SNFO board has actually received their FINSEL with an official OCS ship date? I'm tracking (1); maybe (2) guys... Again, sorry, just trying to get a better idea of how many guys/gals are getting called up per class. Essentially, a best-guess SNA/SNFO call up per OCS class; so to speak... Realizing that this probably oscillates per class of course!
Great idea, however, from what I've seen the OCS classes are a mish-mash from different boards and there are other circumstances to consider. There were people selected from earlier boards that couldn't ship when normally allowed because they hadn't finished college until may and those are now being rolled in too. Here's hoping all of us get to go soon, but all of us will get to go eventually.