• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

EScot

I have been in contact with my recruiter since Tuesday. They have stated that their office has not yet received the results of this board yet. Does this make sense? Don’t results get sent to all recruiting offices at the some time, ie this past Monday?
There could be a breakdown in communication somewhere. My recruiter had not heard anything by Wednesday (6/17), so he contacted an officer processor to find out the results.

Ventus

Weather Guesser
pilot
So my recruiter sent me the memorandum for the board. It has all the names that were selected, as well as those that were not along with the DNR names so I won’t post that here for privacy’s sake. I’ve also been instructed not to share the file.

However, one thing I did notice was that there was a column for “OCS Date”
Every single name that was selected had “FY-2021” in this column.
Does this mean that none of us will see OCS dates before Oct 1st? Or do you think it’s possible for some of us to get a spot before then?

-EDIT-
Ok I got some updated word. Anyone that ships to OCS from the middle of June and thereafter are considered part of FY21 because it’s when you graduate, not when you ship. So we could ship July, August, or September.

Last edited:

NCCGT

So my recruiter sent me the memorandum for the board. It has all the names that were selected, as well as those that were not along with the DNR names so I won’t post that here for privacy’s sake. I’ve also been instructed not to share the file.

Does this mean that none of us will see OCS dates before Oct 1st? Or do you think it’s possible for some of us to get a spot before then?

-EDIT-
Ok I got some updated word. Anyone that ships to OCS from the middle of June and thereafter are considered part of FY21 because it’s when you graduate, not when you ship. So we could ship July, August, or September.

I was FY ‘21 for the March IWC board and I’m driving up to Newport for the July 5 class tomorrow (quarantine starts Sunday). I got 5 days notice. So be prepared, anything can happen.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator

-EDIT-
We’ll ship some time between July 2020 and July 2021. You might get some warning, or none. Pretend it’s tomorrow, but get comfortable. PT, memorize App B, and stay out of trouble everyone!

OperationChungus

pilot
I was FY ‘21 for the March IWC board and I’m driving up to Newport for the July 5 class tomorrow (quarantine starts Sunday). I got 5 days notice. So be prepared, anything can happen.

I've been lurking on this thread to get an idea of when I could possibly ship. I was selected for SNA on the October board with an FY20 date and graduated from college last month. I think if I would have been on the Jan board instead, I would have been given a class date.

My OR said that those with families/lost jobs because of the virus had priority when it came to shipping out sooner, and I bet SNAs aren't at the front of the pick because of the need for SNFOs in the pipeline. Has anyone else heard something similar?

FreshyyP

This was my second attempt at the board. First board was October of 2019 and I had a 2.95 GPA with a 51 5/7/5. I still was two semesters out from graduation and I’m going to be honest my motivational statement was lacking. Second attempt was here, I retook the ASTB and scored 52 6/8/6 had a much improved motivational statement I was doing well in classes and got my GPA up to a 2.99. I also picked up more volunteering opportunities and also some more responsibilities at my workplace becoming a supervisor and also a team captain for a team in a competitive hockey league. I also had better/ more qualified individuals write me letters of recommendations. One was a Ret. Navy CDR with 20 years flying p3s for the navy. I’ve flown with him before too and he thinks I’m a perfect fit for this thing and his letter reflects that. One was a board member for the Cleveland clinic, and another was the president of my old school. I’m genuinely confused as to what I’m doing wrong or what the board doesn’t like... I’ve never used drugs in my life, I’ve never even had alcohol... I’ve never been in legal trouble and I have no medical limitations with great eyesight... and now I just graduated with a 3.0 GPA and a marketing degree. If you would like to look over my moto statment to see what you think I would be more than happy to provide it. I seriously just have had a dream of flying for the navy since I’ve been a young kid and I can’t tell for the life of me what I’m doing wrong... I volunteered all through highschool was the captain of my highschool hockey team and was on varsity all four years I played in college and I’ve always tried my hardest in everything I do. I’ve talked to my recruiter about it and he doesn’t even seem to care. I’m switching recruiters and recruiting stations hopefully that will do something but I’m not sure what else to try... I genuinely don’t understand :(
Perhaps your major. From what i've seen it's really really hard to get accepted with a sub 3.0 GPA if you're not a STEM major.

xeroseal87

I've been lurking on this thread to get an idea of when I could possibly ship. I was selected for SNA on the October board with an FY20 date and graduated from college last month. I think if I would have been on the Jan board instead, I would have been given a class date.

My OR said that those with families/lost jobs because of the virus had priority when it came to shipping out sooner, and I bet SNAs aren't at the front of the pick because of the need for SNFOs in the pipeline. Has anyone else heard something similar?
I think if the need for SNFOs was there they would have selected more this go around... Unless they have a bunch on back order already. From the 147 on the at board list only like 60 or so I want to say were selected for NFO. Many of those 147 put down both SNA and SNFO, and like 150 pilots were taken

Ventus

Weather Guesser
pilot
Perhaps your major. From what i've seen it's really really hard to get accepted with a sub 3.0 GPA if you're not a STEM major.
I disagree. I may be prior service with 5 years, but my GPA was 2.57 in a non-technical or hard science field. I had good recommendations and my ASTB scores were similar to his.

Also I've been instructed not to share the memorandum. I'm not sure if anyone else has gotten different word from their recruiters.

jvjack18

I disagree. I may be prior service with 5 years, but my GPA was 2.57 in a non-technical or hard science field. I had good recommendations and my ASTB scores were similar to his.

Also I've been instructed not to share the memorandum. I'm not sure if anyone else has gotten different word from their recruiters.

I also got the memorandum from my recruiter, they didn't say don't share it but I figure I shouldn't disseminate it as it contains names and which NRD people are from.