• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

exNavyOffRec

The waiver is only a request to the board. The navy said the would be willing to take you, but the community board is the ultimate decider. Again that is just for that community

Close, it is not that the Navy is willing to take you, it is that they are willing to have you seen by a board. It used to be NRC gave direction on what could and could not be recommended and the NRD's would pretty much be able to kill those with issues in the background. It has not become a "pass the buck" mentality where they would rather send everyone to board and let the board be the bad guy.

Timster96

I was selected in January and dont even have a FINSEL letter yet so I would take that with a grain of salt.
My Commanding Officer told me that since I said ASAP, Paul Celestin is going to send orders over soon. Then they will issue me the orders and I will be off. I could be leaving in about 3-4 weeks according to my CO.

xeroseal87

I am guessing any unit that has F-18’s, EA-18’s, and patrol aircraft like AWACS and P-8
Not entirely true. Maybe for a carrier airwing, but those are made up of various squadrons. F-18s are limited to Lemoore CA, NAS Oceana VA, and MCAS Iwakuni Japan. Other aircraft have other sqaudron locations. Whidbey Island in WA, San Diego CA. So while yes there are set locations where an NFO can go, you won't find out until you find out his pipeline. Then there are more limited places of duty but it would be narrowed down a lot more.

lysrob619

LysRob
IB
Not entirely true. Maybe for a carrier airwing, but those are made up of various squadrons. F-18s are limited to Lemoore CA, NAS Oceana VA, and MCAS Iwakuni Japan. Other aircraft have other sqaudron locations. Whidbey Island in WA, San Diego CA. So while yes there are set locations where an NFO can go, you won't find out until you find out his pipeline. Then there are more limited places of duty but it would be narrowed down a lot more.
That makes sense, thanks. I don't really mind where we go, I'm just excited to find out where his adventures will take us. I grew up moving every few years, so I'm ready to go!