• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Ultrals1

AWR1 Guyton
You do realize you’re wanting to join the navy, right? ?
Yeah I have been flying in the Navy for 10 years now as a rescue swimmer but from my view point, Im over deploying on ships. I guess if you're just starting out its not a bad gig seeing how mighty our sea power is by deploying on carriers. Overall, not deploying on a ship is a better option for quality of life.

Islander6

True, but I don't think they deploy on carriers. They just do log and pax runs, right?
If I remember right a few months ago they achieved initial operating capacity so if not already, they will be real soon. But don’t quote me. End of they day though, 22’s don’t have the range to support the carrier without being carrier based unless they were just detted all around the word

Yeah I have been flying in the Navy for 10 years now as a rescue swimmer but from my view point, Im over deploying on ships. I guess if you're just starting out its not a bad gig seeing how mighty our sea power is by deploying on carriers. Overall, not deploying on a ship is a better option for quality of life.
Man I gotta say I agree with this. I have about 3 years sea time, 10 years AD also. If you told me I could fly p8s and never see a ship again, I would not complain. Of course I'd fly whatever the navy needs me to and theres a huge difference between O and E life on the ship.

For a civilian joining I definitely don't think you should dread or try to avoid the ship, after all it is something most people will never experience, and theres nothing cooler than launching from a carrier.

Shheen

Man I gotta say I agree with this. I have about 3 years sea time, 10 years AD also. If you told me I could fly p8s and never see a ship again, I would not complain. Of course I'd fly whatever the navy needs me to and theres a huge difference between O and E life on the ship.

For a civilian joining I definitely don't think you should dread or try to avoid the ship, after all it is something most people will never experience, and theres nothing cooler than launching from a carrier.
Shoot, i love the ship life. Been forced into sea duty 3 times sadly

csanfilippo9

Civilian here , personally , I find a pro to flying anything offered. needs of the navy for me . If I get jets I wanna be the best jet pilot I could possibly be, if I get P8s I want to be the best P8 pilot I could possibly be. Anything I get the opportunity to fly I want to be the best I could possibly be. Also need the ship, I want to experience it . I’m just excited for any opportunity I could be possibly presented.

WorldWar33.3

So what aircraft would you all want to fly if you got free reign to pick? F35s or P8 for me! Maybe Hawkeye too.
ALL OF THEM!

But seriously, I'm not picky. I'll fly whatever I'm qualified for and grow where I'm planted.
Some of my buddies from my USMC PT squad went to the NAMI flight physical and were told they can't fly jets or Cobras because of their measurements (too tall/short/fat/etc.)