• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

I'm seeing Top Gun tomorrow. I can't wait.

Also do civilians not do anthro measurements at meps? My corpsman did mine before I was able to submit my application, I'm cleared for all aircraft which is the one time in my life I'm happy I'm not tall.
We used to do them, they were not official so to speak but were done to make sure there wasn't a glaring issue, I only heard of a few so very very rare.

We used to do them, they were not official so to speak but were done to make sure there wasn't a glaring issue, I only heard of a few so very very rare.
I wonder why that is. I would think it would benefit the navy and the applicant to know what aircraft they are cleared for before going to OCS.

exNavyOffRec

I wonder why that is. I would think it would benefit the navy and the applicant to know what aircraft they are cleared for before going to OCS.
The odds were so low of finding an issue it probably wasn't worth it, and even then the odds of a person not meeting anthro's for all aircraft is probably extremely remote.

Mouselovr

Contributor
You do your anthros at NAMI not MEPS.

General observation was really short people or really tall people were the ones who got DQed for certain platforms. Only one guy was flat DQed from SNA but was still offered NFO.

This was not a common DQ and not something you all should be worried out. Can’t control your height

exNavyOffRec

You do your anthros at NAMI not MEPS.

General observation was really short people or really tall people were the ones who got DQed for certain platforms. Only one guy was flat DQed from SNA but was still offered NFO.

This was not a common DQ and not something you all should be worried out. Can’t control your height
MEPS does HT/WT for their records, the first set of anthros used to be done by the recruiters, like you said not a common DQ so not surprised they don't do them anymore.

NAVY_16

So a F18-E has just a pilot and an F18-F has a pilot and a wso. So besides that, what are the other differences between the two?
Is the pilot for the
F18-E just a combo of a wso and pilot? And the F18-F duo just splits the responsibilities?

So a F18-E has just a pilot and an F18-F has a pilot and a wso. So besides that, what are the other differences between the two?
Is the pilot for the
F18-E just a combo of a wso and pilot? And the F18-F duo just splits the responsibilities?
F's can also be used as trainers with an instructor pilot in the backseat.