• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Wind-Jammer

ALL OF THEM!

But seriously, I'm not picky. I'll fly whatever I'm qualified for and grow where I'm planted.
Some of my buddies from my USMC PT squad went to the NAMI flight physical and were told they can't fly jets or Cobras because of their measurements (too tall/short/fat/etc.)
However, just tossing this out there. “There’s a waiver for everything” lol During my NAMI physical, My knee to hip length is to long but was told if I really wanted to fly jets I can sign my life away saying I’m okay with my knees being obliterated during an ejection. ?

WorldWar33.3

However, just tossing this out there. “There’s a waiver for everything” lol During my NAMI physical, My knee to hip length is to long but was told if I really wanted to fly jets I can sign my life away saying I’m okay with my knees being obliterated during an ejection. ?
I didn't know that, but now I see that works too! I'm glad I'm only 5'9 hahaha

csanfilippo9

does he have some crazy height/ weight ?
ALL OF THEM!

But seriously, I'm not picky. I'll fly whatever I'm qualified for and grow where I'm planted.
Some of my buddies from my USMC PT squad went to the NAMI flight physical and were told they can't fly jets or Cobras because of their measurements (too tall/short/fat/etc.)

WorldWar33.3

does he have some crazy height/ weight ?
One of them was a skinny 6'4 2nd Lt. who wanted to fly Cobras or jets and was told his legs were too long to fly either, but can still fly practically anything else.

Another guy is like 5'6 and has wide hips, so he got DQ'd for the Cobra. He didn't seem too bothered about that.

WorldWar33.3

I’m 5’8” but I’m curious to see what the standards are.
If I knew, I would tell ya man. It's really up to the flight surgeons at NAMI to make a judgement call there.

Shoutout to papacarter for sharing some of the Flight Physical criteria though.
  • Manifest Refraction
    • Astigmatism no greater than -1.00 diopters
    • Hyperopia no greater than +3.00 diopters
    • Myopia no greater than -1.50 diopters
  • Anthropometrics
    • 62" - 78" (male), 58" - 78" (female)
    • Sitting Height: greater than 34" and less than 38.8"
    • Thump-tip Reach FR: 29.5" or greater
    • Buttock Knee Length: greater than 22" and less than 26.5"
    • Weight: greater than 103 lbs and less than 231 lbs
  • Depth Perception (pass one of three)
    • AFVT: A-D with no misses
    • Stereo booklet: at least 40 arc second circles
    • Verhoeff: 8/8 correct first trial or, if any missed 16/16 correct on the combined second and third trials

I'm seeing Top Gun tomorrow. I can't wait.

Also do civilians not do anthro measurements at meps? My corpsman did mine before I was able to submit my application, I'm cleared for all aircraft which is the one time in my life I'm happy I'm not tall.

csanfilippo9

I'm seeing Top Gun tomorrow. I can't wait.

Also do civilians not do anthro measurements at meps? My corpsman did mine before I was able to submit my application, I'm cleared for all aircraft which is the one time in my life I'm happy I'm not tall.
No we dont. I’m in the same boat for once in my life being short is cool