• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2011 August, September, October, etc. OCS Boards

I was hoping the rapture might thin some of the applicant herd but alas it was not to be.

Eaglei22-My recruiter also has not heard of the August board so we will see. Hoping something like LOR's expiring and getting booted from the board does not happen to me.

flynavy22

Primary in Corpus Crisco
good news, just talked to my recruiter and latest news is the next selection board is scheduled for August 22nd for Pilot/NFO/SWO

Just a heads up. My OR called out of the blue saying he got a call from higher up to try and get his applicants MEPS done. I am not really sure what this means but he said he is scheduling me for MEPS next week.

GreenLantern330

Also, has anyone's OR mentioned anything about a September board? Just wondering if there's any word out there of boards beyond August...

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
My OR has told me the next boards are August and September, I am up for SWO and INTEL. I've focused on my school work and some extra curriculars which is why after the board freeze, I dropped off AirWarriors. My package has definitely improved since it last went in. My first semester of my graduate studies was a 3.6, I've been elected to a leadership position, and I was awarded a scholarship.

GreenLantern330

Good job, Seafort! Hopefully all the hard work and persistence will work! :) Also, thanks for the info on a possible September board.

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
We'll see. Too bad aviation is still off the table (for me, not for everyone, as far as I know). I wanted to cover all the bases.

Just a heads up. My OR called out of the blue saying he got a call from higher up to try and get his applicants MEPS done. I am not really sure what this means but he said he is scheduling me for MEPS next week.

I'm not sure why this would be. They will have a ton of applicants for this board (lots of $$$$ to send everyone to MEPS) and it seems like anyone selected will not be heading to OCS for at least a few months.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Wouldn't worry about it...the higher up he referenced could just be his local NRD command. It does not necessarily mean the CNRC told all NRDs to make everyone go to MEPS. As long as your recruiter says you are all set, don't sweat it.

cmcalvert

Sep-11 SNA Pro Rec
Does anyone know how many NFOs they're going to be taking in Aug? Obviously I'd assume nobody knows the exact number, but I'd assume spots must be harder to come by than 5 years ago b/c the P-8 and Growler have fewer NFOs than do P-3s and Prowlers.