• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

LedTasso

As for the clearly-incorrect usage of "literally" becoming commonplace and dictionaries succumbing to this incorrect usage? We need to take a stand! Literally needs to mean literally and not also mean metaphorically or virtually just like dog means dog and dog doesn't also mean cat. Imagine someone was petting your precious pupper and they said "what a good cat" and you objected to which they responded "this is literally a dog". What then? It's time to take a stand! Literally means literally! Dog means dog!

NO ONE:

LITERALLY NO ONE:

@flatspinturkeyb when someone uses “literally” incorrectly:

Dboom85

Banned
I would be surprised if you were picked up as it is rare to get picked up with 6's from a historical perspective. There is a thread on the ASTB on this site and many have put tips on there that have worked well for them so check that thread out.

You will always find people that say "I had a 6 and was picked up" but that doesn't mean it is common at all, it would be like a person saying "I won a million dollars in Las Vegas" and telling people it was common, yes it happens but no it is more of a "I got damn lucky" situation.
What if you only got one 6 and the rest are 8s?

hfuruta

Hate to change the topic but wanted to get some gouge on what people did differently in their study habits in preparation for taking the astb for their 2nd time. Planning for the worst and gonna take this time I have in my transfer leave before I head to the island to study for astb again. It doesn’t help that every pilot I’ve worked with told me not to retake it (minimum scores 41 4, 6, 6) but honestly can’t think any other way to strengthen the packet If not selected this go around. Any help is very much appreciated!

Not sure what you used the first time around, but the links below are the things I used for the non OAR stuff. I made a physical flashcard for anything on the ANIT guides I didn't fully know and drilled those everyday. I spent a few days on the PBM trainer (I got to mid 50s), and got as fast as I could with the UAV flashcards (a couple seconds per flashcard). Spent lots of time on getting good and fast at math.
This reddit post
UAV flashcards
Random ANIT flashcards
More random ANIT flashcards
PBM trainer
Old Marine Gouge
More random materials

smpl_dude

Not sure what you used the first time around, but the links below are the things I used for the non OAR stuff. I made a physical flashcard for anything on the ANIT guides I didn't fully know and drilled those everyday. I spent a few days on the PBM trainer (I got to mid 50s), and got as fast as I could with the UAV flashcards (a couple seconds per flashcard). Spent lots of time on getting good and fast at math.
This reddit post
UAV flashcards
Random ANIT flashcards
PBM trainer
Old Marine Gouge
More random materials
I second this

Adam80

Once morale over waiting for selection results is at an all time low, that’s precisely when they will announce a couple more unofficial pro rec Y. The rest of us will get that familiar shot of adrenaline and plead with one of the AD brethren to check that site and post some screenshots which we will pour over until we realize no changes have been made. Then one of us will speculate something about FY22 sna needs to raise our spirits, however exnavyofficerrec will slap him down with his worn and calloused hands that have slapped down so many before him.

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
This reddit post
UAV flashcards
Random ANIT flashcards
PBM trainer
Old Marine Gouge
More random materials
@FloridaDad