• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

Skylanepilot1981

Agreed mostly. Garand's don't have matching numbers. The only serialized part is the receiver, all the small parts have drawing numbers that you can narrow down to a date range, and the barrel is dated. There is a whole other hobby of people finding date correct drawing numbers on parts to make "corrected" m1 rifles.
This is on my Garands barrel

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
gonna have to side with @amf0229 on this one
Also who knows @BDavis11 could be doing it in the traditional sense…
View attachment 33963
As for the clearly-incorrect usage of "literally" becoming commonplace and dictionaries succumbing to this incorrect usage? We need to take a stand! Literally needs to mean literally and not also mean metaphorically or virtually just like dog means dog and dog doesn't also mean cat. Imagine someone was petting your precious pupper and they said "what a good cat" and you objected to which they responded "this is literally a dog". What then? It's time to take a stand! Literally means literally! Dog means dog!

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
As for the clearly-incorrect usage of "literally" becoming commonplace and dictionaries succumbing to this incorrect usage? We need to take a stand! Literally needs to mean literally and not also mean metaphorically or virtually just like dog means dog and dog doesn't also mean cat. Imagine someone was petting your precious pupper and they said "what a good cat" and you objected to which they responded "this is literally a dog". What then? It's time to take a stand! Literally means literally! Dog means dog!
Or maybe I used the word literally exactly how I intended to? As a joke?

exNavyOffRec

Hate to change the topic but wanted to get some gouge on what people did differently in their study habits in preparation for taking the astb for their 2nd time. Planning for the worst and gonna take this time I have in my transfer leave before I head to the island to study for astb again. It doesn’t help that every pilot I’ve worked with told me not to retake it (minimum scores 41 4, 6, 6) but honestly can’t think any other way to strengthen the packet If not selected this go around. Any help is very much appreciated!

I would be surprised if you were picked up as it is rare to get picked up with 6's from a historical perspective. There is a thread on the ASTB on this site and many have put tips on there that have worked well for them so check that thread out.

You will always find people that say "I had a 6 and was picked up" but that doesn't mean it is common at all, it would be like a person saying "I won a million dollars in Las Vegas" and telling people it was common, yes it happens but no it is more of a "I got damn lucky" situation.

exNavyOffRec

Honestly, there are a couple options. For the stick portion, if you have access to it, I'd do flight sims, play your favorite call of duty or game with inverted controls etc. Start programming your brain for that. For knowledge portion, just study the material and familiarize yourself with it. I only studied three days before. My first attempt was to get an idea of what it was like and I didn't do half bad. 47 5/7/6. With the scores I have and extra stuff in my package it's competitive. Just keep adding things to your packet, certs, flight exp, etc. Always be learning.

a 7 isn't bad but still more of a flip the coin situation and it very well could be a tough board so be ready to study and boost it a point or two.

of the data you have in your signature that would be in your application really the only thing they will be looking at is "7"

GoldLeaf

a 7 isn't bad but still more of a flip the coin situation and it very well could be a tough board so be ready to study and boost it a point or two.

of the data you have in your signature that would be in your application really the only thing they will be looking at is "7"
Yeah I understand that, not saying I'm at the top tier. Can only hope that they saw it and some of the other things in my packet.

brings me back to the whole person concept