• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Future Fly

I'm planning on taking the test this month, would 3 weeks of study benefit, or would I need to take some more time. I have six weeks left in school also, so homework is worked in there.

BullGator

I'm planning on taking the test this month, would 3 weeks of study benefit, or would I need to take some more time. I have six weeks left in school also, so homework is worked in there.
It depends on what your background in school is (ie. engineer) and when you feel comfortible taking it. If you don't feel like you are ready, take more time; don't be affraid of your OR, they should want you to put together the best package you can in a timely manner.

The longest part for most people to study is the ANT. Some are worse at math and mechanical, and these are their hardest sections. How long and what have you been studying so far?

I took a long time to study, because I had a low GPA and I wanted to somewhat compensate for that with a high ASTB score. There is plenty of gouge on here to asist you if you are already pretty good at aviation, math, and verbal; it is a much faster way to study then what us slower folks do (for me, Arco, Barron's, websites, and gouges).

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Well seeing as how you this is your first damn post, and it seems you've done a lot of listening and learning, and got a stellar score, you are on the right path! Good job!

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
9's?!! Holy Crap Batman! What was the OAR (if you don't mind me prying?)

Get that application in post haste...:D

Congrats

coyote09

SSMR
pilot
OAR was 65...not stellar, but not too shabby, either. Just have to do the flight physical and last year of school. It's starting to get real...

:D

nugget61

pilot
hey all,

I've been lurking around here for about a year now, I guess its high time I got involved. Took the ASTB today and passed with 9's across the board. I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to the gouge on this forum, it helped out one hell of a lot!

Congrats man. Now do me a favor and don't apply in Oct :icon_wink

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Out of curiosity, does OAR work on the same Navy-standard bell-curve scale as NSS and enlisted advancement exams?
50 is the median, 80 is max, and every 10 points is 1 standard deviation...

Edit: I did some googling, and I'm pretty sure it is the same. 20 is the min, 80 is the max. So, the OP was 1.5 std. devs. above the median/mean, very good indeed.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Good job, good luck! Welcome to AW (the posting side of things). You're sucked in now. It's like friggin' Hotel California, except 'the beast' is A4s. :D

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
That's an amazing score. Anyone with a higher OAR would have to be a god among men.

I have a fairly decent memory...:D

BDCP SNA, NFO
9/8/9/69
GPA 3.2
LORs: Ret. CDR, family friend, former teacher, police officer family friend, previous employer
Various extracurriculars

Although I wouldn't say it's "almost May 15th" :)
Not 100% sure it made it for this board, but I hope so.

You got jokes? :icon_tong

To the OP, congrats on the awesome score! Why not go for BDCP rather than waiting to finish school?