• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 03Nov2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
It looks like something happened to the main sheet, potentially owner deleted. Does anyone know what happened?

I made a personal, which I can share here.

sat1290

What are you guys doing for PT? I'm currently only running (completed a 5K plan, now working on 10K), and have not integrated strength training into my schedule (as I know I should). Just not completely sure whether to opt for a calisthenics or weight training based regime. I have tended to prefer calisthenics in the past as they are focused on endurance, but I am not sure what the best route is in preparation for a (potential) OCS selection.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
What are you guys doing for PT? I'm currently only running (completed a 5K plan, now working on 10K), and have not integrated strength training into my schedule (as I know I should). Just not completely sure whether to opt for a calisthenics or weight training based regime. I have tended to prefer calisthenics in the past as they are focused on endurance, but I am not sure what the best route is in preparation for a (potential) OCS selection.

Do HIIT workouts

CC2224Clone

Currently running, lifting(PPL) and calisthenics. I just recently started calisthenics, so my movements are still pretty simple.

MotorCookie

i've been weightlifting for a while and I can say for certain that it does not help with pushups or any PT workout. In 2021 when I was in rotc I could pump out 70 pushups in a minute no problem but now I can't even do 30 in a row even though now I'm a lot stronger than my 2021 self.

Funny how that works.

CC2224Clone

i've been weightlifting for a while and I can say for certain that it does not help with pushups or any PT workout. In 2021 when I was in rotc I could pump out 70 pushups in a minute no problem but now I can't even do 30 in a row even though now I'm a lot stronger than my 2021 self.

Funny how that works.
Kinda same here, though I’ve never been able to do 70 push ups in a row. My lifts go up but my push ups hardly change. That’s one of the reasons I started to incorporate calisthenics.

linder

SNA Applicant
Look into the kneesovertoesguy and his atg excercises. I've been doing a lot of those for injury prevention. The last thing I want is to tweak my back or something and be miserable in OCS.

I lift weights because I like it, but like others have said, it doesn't help with the pushups.

Average Monke

Average Monke