• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 03Nov2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Dsimms2900

SNA Pro Rec - Y
Really considering applying with my 7s after that insane August board result.
Plus most of them are leaving in the fall? So we’d probably leave Jan/Feb?
I know its is highly recommended to apply with the most competitive scores you can get and that the august board is an anomaly but I picked up 1st try with 53 5/6/7 for SNA. I would definitely say apply with what you have vs not applying at all because of your scores. However, if you're able to it does not hurt to try to improve your scores.

exNavyOffRec

Really considering applying with my 7s after that insane August board result.
Plus most of them are leaving in the fall? So we’d probably leave Jan/Feb?
It all depends when they have openings, see my response to how they determine OCS dates.
Same man. Guess looking at the results it doesn’t hurt. People with 6s even got in for pilot

I know its is highly recommended to apply with the most competitive scores you can get and that the august board is an anomaly but I picked up 1st try with 53 5/6/7 for SNA. I would definitely say apply with what you have vs not applying at all because of your scores. However, if you're able to it does not hurt to try to improve your scores.
The August board is the definition of an anomaly, if history repeats itself every OR is telling their candidates to submit now and they will be finding anyone interested in applying to submit as well.

justin2023

It all depends when they have openings, see my response to how they determine OCS dates.

The August board is the definition of an anomaly, if history repeats itself every OR is telling their candidates to submit now and they will be finding anyone interested in applying to submit as well.
Can you take a guess as to why acceptance rates were so high for the previous board?

exNavyOffRec

Can you take a guess as to why acceptance rates were so high for the previous board?
It could be people dropped which allowed more spots to be filled, could be they received word of more spots being opened up, could be lower applicants because recruiters held people back thinking this board would have few selections, or it could be a combination of all those things.

Cajun

SNA ProRecY
Really having a rough time living with this board. I have a 3.00 gpa in a non STEM field, and a 54 7/8/7. Recruiter yeeted my packet to the May board despite conversations of me sending it to July instead. Missing this fluke as someone with a non-stellar package stings. Going again in December, but as ExNavyOffRec just mentioned, I’m sure everyone and their mother will be going to board now so I can only imagine December will probably be another bloodbath. But who knows. Luck and timing.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Really having a rough time living with this board. I have a 3.00 gpa in a non STEM field, and a 54 7/8/7. Recruiter yeeted my packet to the May board despite conversations of me sending it to July instead. Missing this fluke as someone with a non-stellar package stings. Going again in December, but as ExNavyOffRec just mentioned, I’m sure everyone and their mother will be going to board now so I can only imagine December will probably be another bloodbath. But who knows. Luck and timing.
I totally get where you are coming from. I had everything ready in my packet for this board for months, except for a police report verification. Instead of taking a week, the police report took almost two months to get verified which caused me to miss this unicorn of a board.

On a more positive note, I think board spells more good news for us than not. It looks selection rates are opening back up big time and OCS dates are soon. I don't think many college graduates will be applying in Nov either, but there's no point in speculating (just like timing the market). Your scores and GPA are fine. It's just a matter of time until you get selected so I wouldn't dwell on missing this board.

Last edited:

CC2224Clone

There were 16 weeks between the deadlines for the May board and August board, and 14 weeks between the deadlines for the August board and the upcoming December board. So a little less time for people to get their packages together.
We’ve got ~8 weeks till the deadline, so I wonder how many new people would be able to get their packages in on time. In my case, it took me about 6 months to get to MEPS, but I suppose everyone’s experience will vary.

But yea, I do wonder what would’ve happened if I had tried to get a letter of rec or something to qualify me for August. All we can do is keep trying.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
There were 16 weeks between the deadlines for the May board and August board, and 14 weeks between the deadlines for the August board and the upcoming December board. So a little less time for people to get their packages together.
We’ve got ~8 weeks till the deadline, so I wonder how many new people would be able to get their packages in on time. In my case, it took me about 6 months to get to MEPS, but I suppose everyone’s experience will vary.

But yea, I do wonder what would’ve happened if I had tried to get a letter of rec or something to qualify me for August. All we can do is keep trying.
6 months to get to MEPS? I was able to go to MEPS within a couple weeks of meeting with an Army recruiter back when I was planning on doing WOFT. Is that common for the Navy side of things or is that just a regionally issue?

CC2224Clone

6 months to get to MEPS? I was able to go to MEPS within a couple weeks of meeting with an Army recruiter back when I was planning on doing WOFT. Is that common for the Navy side of things or is that just a regionally issue?
Haha, honestly I have no idea. It was horrible. But I only missed the October 2022 board which would’ve been prorec-n anyways.

madiego

Currently AD and got almost all my package put together. But damn its such a pain in the ass getting interviews done. Idk what it is about Pilots but they definitely don't got much time for interviews or are too stubborn about it!

jbfalcon2000

SNA Board Applicant
Got rejected in May with 58 7 7 8 and 3.95 so I held off on July to beef up my package. Kicking myself for sure now!

I retook the astb and got a 61 8 9 7. Sitting at 26 flight hours and an LOR (both of which were not on my last package). Could be close to PPL before deadline if I grind. Assuming this board IS a lot more competitive due to an influx of applicants, does anyone have any input as to how good my chances are looking? I know there are a lot of unknowns at play in this question but what the heck anyways!