• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

TheCoon

While we wait I’ve preoccupied myself with trying to cop a PS5. Really taking the edge off waiting for these results lol.

I’ve been doing the same but for the Switch Mario Kart bundle. Those things sold like hot cakes.

I got one and all my friends did on there too.... Hope you can snag one!

That’s dope. What are y’all playing? I waited around a year after the PS3 and PS4 released before I grabbed one. There just wasn’t much to play at first. This time around I guess it’s a bit different with the backwards compatibility, though.

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
I’ve been doing the same but for the Switch Mario Kart bundle. Those things sold like hot cakes.

That’s dope. What are y’all playing? I waited around a year after the PS3 and PS4 released before I grabbed one. There just wasn’t much to play at first. This time around I guess it’s a bit different with the backwards compatibility, though.

I mainly just play rocket league. I'm lame.

oadams2

The way I see it, if our OCS dates are 9+ months out, then another month or two of waiting for results isnt that bad.
I wish we all could wait that long, but I’ll age out if we don’t find out soon. Quarantine starts Dec 20 for the Jan 3 class. (Fortunately I only live 1.5hrs away!)

oadams2

I wish we all could wait that long, but I’ll age out if we don’t find out soon. Quarantine starts Dec 20 for the Jan 3 class. (Fortunately I only live 1.5hrs away!)
* For the record, I started the process as soon as they increased the age limit to 32, but Lasik and paperwork hell took this whole time.

Marcus_Aurelius

The way I see it, if our OCS dates are 9+ months out, then another month or two of waiting for results isnt that bad.

I respectfully disagree. I'm concurrently going through the process for Army Aviation, FBI Special Agent and Secret Service Special Agent. For most of them, I'm nearing the end phase and close to an offer. Naval Aviation is my absolute top choice, however, if one of these other organizations offers me a job first, it would be a very difficult decision. A one in the hand, two in the bush, type of decision.

On top of this, I do not like having to string four respectable and perpetually busy organizations along with my applications, if I end up having to turn them down in the end. I know how much time and resources hiring and selections consume, and it is not optimal for the taxpayer or the organizations for me to be clogging up the pipeline for a long period of time. However, my current situation (which was supposed to have been resolved prior to graduation but COVID and prior misdiagnoses slowed my application down by over a year) necessitates that I apply to all organizations simultaneously.

My future regarding whether or not I will be a Naval Aviator may not come down to whether or not I was selected, but even if I was selected, who offered me the job first?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I respectfully disagree. I'm concurrently going through the process for Army Aviation, FBI Special Agent and Secret Service Special Agent. For most of them, I'm nearing the end phase and close to an offer. Naval Aviation is my absolute top choice, however, if one of these other organizations offers me a job first, it would be a very difficult decision. A one in the hand, two in the bush, type of decision.

On top of this, I do not like having to string four respectable and perpetually busy organizations along with my applications, if I end up having to turn them down in the end. I know how much time and resources hiring and selections consume, and it is not optimal for the taxpayer or the organizations for me to be clogging up the pipeline for a long period of time. However, my current situation (which was supposed to have been resolved prior to graduation but COVID and prior misdiagnoses slowed my application down by over a year) necessitates that I apply to all organizations simultaneously.

My future regarding whether or not I will be a Naval Aviator may not come down to whether or not I was selected, but even if I was selected, who offered me the job first?
Great points as to why this COVID nonsense needs to end soon.

I'm in a similar boat, waiting for results is holding up several major life decisions, I can't be waiting around much longer because I need info to decide on things that effect me starting January lol.

oadams2

On top of this, I do not like having to string four respectable and perpetually busy organizations along with my applications, if I end up having to turn them down in the end.
Best of luck to you for all of that, brother — that’s an impressive list of options.

Great points as to why this COVID nonsense needs to end soon.

I'm in a similar boat, waiting for results is holding up several major life decisions, I can't be waiting around much longer because I need info to decide on things that effect me starting January lol.
Yeah, the waiting is tougher for us old people haha