• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Marcus_Aurelius

There were two federal holidays between when the board met and now so maybe that will delay results by two days since federal employees wouldn't have been working on those days. That would push the theorized Tuesday release to Thursday.

It is possible the following affected the release timeline:
  • Navy Day (27 OCT 2020)
  • Halloween (31 OCT 2020, possibly as a three-day depending on command)
  • Election Day (3 NOV 2020)
  • Veterans Day (11 NOV 2020)
  • Thanksgiving (26 NOV 2020, possibly as a four-day depending on command)
It all depends on whether or not those connected with our results being released are in units that authorized the recognition/mandated subordinates participation in the recognition of some of these dates, as well as whether their commands authorized three/four-days for the larger holidays.

villo0692

It is possible the following affected the release timeline:
  • Navy Day (27 OCT 2020)
  • Halloween (31 OCT 2020, possibly as a three-day depending on command)
  • Election Day (3 NOV 2020)
  • Veterans Day (11 NOV 2020)
  • Thanksgiving (26 NOV 2020, possibly as a four-day depending on command)
It all depends on whether or not those connected with our results being released are in units that authorized the recognition/mandated subordinates participation in the recognition of some of these dates, as well as whether their commands authorized three/four-days for the larger holidays.
When I go back into the Navy, ima make sure to get me orders to the command that gives a three day Halloween weekend

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I find it highly unlikely too, however, I've seen a command give a three-day for the Super Bowl because of the, "risk mitigation regarding drunk driving."
Wow that's... impressive.
Cough ...Army... Cough
On my drive home everyday I passed the, "Days since last alcohol related incident", sign. It rarely got above 30. Always gave me a good chuckle.

Triumph_MAC

I find it highly unlikely too, however, I've seen a command give a three-day for the Super Bowl because of the, "risk mitigation regarding drunk driving."
I've seen the same thing. I've also seen commands not have personnel muster until 1200 the Monday following the Super Bowl and they only work half a day.
My current command gives staff a 24 hour liberty for their birthday as well.

Marcus_Aurelius

Wow that's... impressive.
Cough ...Army... Cough
On my drive home everyday I passed the, "Days since last alcohol related incident", sign. It rarely got above 30. Always gave me a good chuckle.

While I agree there absolutely needs to be a better way to address alcohol related incidents in the Army, apparently the reason the command authorized the three-day was actually not necessarily due to the Soldiers consumption, but because DUIs historically spike amongst the general population, writ large, on Super Bowl Sunday and the following Monday. The command did not want their Soldiers traveling to work when the risk was so high... or so they said.

I personally doubt the the actual chance was so frequent or the impact was so severe as to justify an entire day off of work, especially when that day off comes at the expense of the taxed citizens.

Edit: However, here's some more information about it, should anyone like to read about these type of things:

https://www.waechterlawfirm.com/blo...-warnings-duis-increase-on-super-bowl-sunday/

Last edited:

Ghost SWO

Contributor
especially when that day off comes at the expense of the taxed citizens.
Lol, good point.

I say it was humorous to see the board always drop to zero about once a month but there was a little bit of disappointment that it happened that frequently and that you needed a big illuminated sign to remind everyone how often your unit screwed up. Even if I was the USAF guy supporting the Army, I always new that sign going to zero meant a rough day or week for my Army brethren. The drop to zero days was just indicative to me that a handful of bad apples just ruined it for an entire Battalion.

Marcus_Aurelius

The drop to zero days was just indicative to me that a handful of bad apples just ruined it for an entire Battalion.

I was fortunate enough to serve with a unit that had zero CCIR's for three years, from 2013-2016. We were the only platoon in the entire 101st Airborne that could claim that, and I have to say, it was a huge blessing.