• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Arat19

Would any of the active duty guys be willing to do me a huge favor and see if the at board list has been updated at all? Cause according to those screenshots I'm not on the list and now I'm kinda freaking out lol

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Would any of the active duty guys be willing to do me a huge favor and see if the at board list has been updated at all? Cause according to those screenshots I'm not on the list and now I'm kinda freaking out lol
Just out of curiosity, is your NRD represented on the list? Or do you know your NRD number?

There was an instance on the SWO at-board list where no one (myself included) is represented from the entire NRD which I find pretty odd.

Arat19

Just out of curiosity, is your NRD represented on the list? Or do you know your NRD number?

There was an instance on the SWO at-board list where no one (myself included) is represented from the entire NRD which I find pretty odd.
Wow ur right my district isnt even on there at all. I should've checked that. Thanks for pointing that out, you saved me a lot of heartache haha

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Wow ur right my district isnt even on there at all. I should've checked that. Thanks for pointing that out, you saved me a lot of heartache haha
No problem,

I'm not sure exactly what that means, but it is odd that no one from and NRD is "at-board". You could verify with your recruiter as to whether you were seen by the board. We're just about to get results so you may know sooner rather than later as to the outcome of all of it anyway.

Triumph_MAC

No problem,

I'm not sure exactly what that means, but it is odd that no one from and NRD is "at-board". You could verify with your recruiter as to whether you were seen by the board. We're just about to get results so you may know sooner rather than later as to the outcome of all of it anyway.
Lol, you said, "just about to get results"..... don't you give that man false hopes like that.

Raptor234

The same thing happened to my district I believe. Myself and somebody else I know applied to this board in July and we were told we were rolled into the January board. Nobody from our district is on this board either. When the at board list was posted I noticed somebody else mentioning as well that their district was not listed on the at board list. It sounds like the same situation which means your application may be in to be seen by the January board.

Arat19

The same thing happened to my district I believe. Myself and somebody else I know applied to this board in July and we were told we were rolled into the January board. Nobody from our district is on this board either. When the at board list was posted I noticed somebody else mentioning as well that their district was not listed on the at board list. It sounds like the same situation which means your application may be in to be seen by the January board.
Just curious, did ur recruiter tell you why that happened? Cause I looked at the previous boards selection list and according to that there are multiple NRDs they left out of this board.

Marcus_Aurelius

It sounds like the same situation which means your application may be in to be seen by the January board.

If your theory is correct, that would be an interesting development. We've been hearing for a while now that the slots for SNAs for the upcoming fiscal year are few and that, consequently, the next board will not select a high number of SNAs. Your theory and the information about SNA slot availability appear to logically be at odds. It seems to me, either your theory is incorrect, or we do not have accurate information regarding SNA slot availability.

Given that we have visible evidence (but not definitive proof) that there were NRDs that were excluded from this at-board list, my opinion would be that your theory is correct, SNA slot availability for the upcoming fiscal year is not severely limited, this board had a high number of applicants (or the OCS pipeline is so backed up) so they needed to shift applicants from this board to the next in order to better manage the workflow.

Now, if my theory is correct and they needed to shift applicants, it would not make sense to cherry-pick from the whole group, because it would be more difficult to counterweight that decision in a later board. Rather, I could definitely understand shifting applicants from specific NRDs from this board to the next board. At the next board, I would expect a higher number of the total applicants to be from the NRDs that were excluded this board.

Anyone care to critique my theory or offer an alternative? (Not that any of this matters, it is what it is. But I enjoy the mental exercise)

Mode

Just some additional info for you guys. This was taken from the August SWO thread posted on 12/1/2020:

“Good evening, just got an Email from Mr. Celestin, today he said, “Due to COVID-19 all OCS Classes until further notice are reduce to 50 percent shipping and filled by needs of the NAVY.”

This may be factoring into the selection board quotas etc.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Just some additional info for you guys. This was taken from the August SWO thread posted on 12/1/2020:

“Good evening, just got an Email from Mr. Celestin, today he said, “Due to COVID-19 all OCS Classes until further notice are reduce to 50 percent shipping and filled by needs of the NAVY.”

This may be factoring into the selection board quotas etc.
I'm pretty sure the COVID reduction in class size has nothing to do with accessions and quotas.

Raptor234

If your theory is correct, that would be an interesting development. We've been hearing for a while now that the slots for SNAs for the upcoming fiscal year are few and that, consequently, the next board will not select a high number of SNAs. Your theory and the information about SNA slot availability appear to logically be at odds. It seems to me, either your theory is incorrect, or we do not have accurate information regarding SNA slot availability.

Given that we have visible evidence (but not definitive proof) that there were NRDs that were excluded from this at-board list, my opinion would be that your theory is correct, SNA slot availability for the upcoming fiscal year is not severely limited, this board had a high number of applicants (or the OCS pipeline is so backed up) so they needed to shift applicants from this board to the next in order to better manage the workflow.

Now, if my theory is correct and they needed to shift applicants, it would not make sense to cherry-pick from the whole group, because it would be more difficult to counterweight that decision in a later board. Rather, I could definitely understand shifting applicants from specific NRDs from this board to the next board. At the next board, I would expect a higher number of the total applicants to be from the NRDs that were excluded this board.

Anyone care to critique my theory or offer an alternative? (Not that any of this matters, it is what it is. But I enjoy the mental exercise)
My recruiter mentioned to me it was due to the high number of applicants that this board received.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Just curious, did ur recruiter tell you why that happened? Cause I looked at the previous boards selection list and according to that there are multiple NRDs they left out of this board.
@Marcus_Aurelius
It's also likely that if an OR, or NRD submits multiple kits at the same time at the last minute, the applicant number could have already been reached before the deadline. NRC will automatically roll those kits to the next board because they reached the limit on applicants for the current board.

I would concur with @Raptor234
In which case, an entire NRD will appear to be left off the board, but all their applications will be present on the following board. They hit the total applicant limit and pushed people to the next automatically.

Last edited: