• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
Has anyone already sent in their package again for the next board since the due date is the 12th?
I haven’t had time to study in the event of needing to retest so I haven’t made back up plans... if I don’t get in I’ll probably wait a year and then reconsider. But I’m really hoping I don’t have to do that :)

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Lol y'all care about metromedic's career more than he cares about his own. If he wanted SNA he would have made sure it was his #1 pick. He obviously doesn't care if NFO is his first pick whether it was his recruiters fault or not.
100%

Has anyone already sent in their package again for the next board since the due date is the 12th?
I need a fact check but, I believe you need news of selection first. Some people were rolled into the next board already because they weren't seen by the board. You can only apply to one cycle at a time and that's like having two applications on different cycles?

They technically met on October 26th. So day 35?
Yeah this is day 36 lol

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
Hate to admit it, but I think I entered in data to the sheet at the same moment as someone else, it went haywire on my end. Anyone else see this? If you see any discrepancies can we revert it to a prior save?

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
I need a fact check but, I believe you need news of selection first. Some people were rolled into the next board already because they weren't seen by the board. You can only apply to one cycle at a time and that's like having two applications on different cycles?

As soon as I saw this message, I just had a hunch feeling so I followed up with my recruiter to see if I was even ON the board (he stated that my application was sent up to the board). Turns out I did not make it to this board because my age waiver was approved a few days after the board had convened. He checked his e-mail and he didn't see a confirmation e-mail that my packet was approved/made it to the board (which was troubling because he said it did make it). So now as a result, my packet will be pushed to the next board which convenes in January 25th ?? All this time..... ??

I am a little bit concerned about this because my birthday is in February and if the board convenes on the 25th, I might not make the cut at all due to my age. From my understanding, having an age waiver only enables your packet to get reviewed (can someone confirm this?).

I’m praying for all of you guys to get your results soon and wishing everyone good news ?

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
As soon as I saw this message, I just had a hunch feeling so I followed up with my recruiter to see if I was even ON the board (he stated that my application was sent up to the board). Turns out I did not make it to this board because my age waiver was approved a few days after the board had convened. He checked his e-mail and he didn't see a confirmation e-mail that my packet was approved/made it to the board (which was troubling because he said it did make it). So now as a result, my packet will be pushed to the next board which convenes in January 25th ?? All this time..... ??

I am a little bit concerned about this because my birthday is in February and if the board convenes on the 25th, I might not make the cut at all due to my age. From my understanding, having an age waiver only enables your packet to get reviewed (can someone confirm this?).

I’m praying for all of you guys to get your results soon and wishing everyone good news ?

If you have an age waiver you will be waived from an 'out of date' age. I do not know the details of your waiver, but being granted an age waiver will allow your kit to be reviewed by the board.

I am sorry to hear your story, hopefully you can resubmit and get the ball rolling, you might just make our OCS dates after all... :)

Ghost SWO

Contributor

That's weird...
You met the age cutoff for the upcoming board right? The waiver in your case isn't for the board, it's for being able to get to OCS after age 32. Unless I'm missing something.

@apayne25

imburke

I’m tempted to ask someone to look up my name for a class date just as some form of relief, but terrified it’ll only cause more stress if I don’t have one yet

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I’m tempted to ask someone to look up my name for a class date just as some form of relief, but terrified it’ll only cause more stress if I don’t have one yet
I was in the same boat. I figured the information is already out there, and the idea that if I don't ask that maybe not asking saves me from jinxing myself, but that's ridiculous. My name is either on an OCS roster, or it isn't and that's all there is to it.

We know that's not official news of selection. I figured there wasn't harm in knowing information that someone else already had access to. It's just more info...