• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Speculation. We don't know 100%

apply apply apply. You're in charge of your future. Make sure you get what you want and don't short yourself.

Other than that, be smart. Like spooky swo said, don't act all hot for one position and not list it as a first choice. Know what you want going in and take it.
Well I'm just alluding to someone who said that happened to them 100%, and that's why he's back for this board. He was never seen for an NFO board because he was selected for SNA and that's how it was ordered according to his OR.

Trying to not let that happen to someone else lol. Sounds terrible if you didn't want it to go down like that.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Hello team! Got word today from my recruiter that my packet actually did not get sent to the to Oct 26 board and is now going to the January board.

I’ve been mentally preparing for this ever since I didn’t see my name on the at board list. I’ll take my scores out of this spreadsheet.

For what it’s worth, my application was still going forward with SNA, but I also asked to be considered for NFO as well and confirmed that will be update with my application for the January board. I believe I can do well in either role and I also scored a 7 on the FOFAR, so I want to give myself the best chance of being accepted.

Good luck, everyone! Been a great thread to follow. Hope to hear one of Ghost SWO’s safety briefings in real life someday.
Dang bummer news.

Good luck to you moving forward!

Metromedic

Contributor
Sorry, but no.

If they see that NFO is your first choice and they select you for NFO before you're seen for SNA, they're probably not going to push you to the SNA board. Why would they, they already gave you your first pick? Again, that happened to a member on this board. You can't rely on an assumption that because both are on there that they'll seat you at both, because your ranking could ruin that for you. That's the whole point of ranking your list if you want to, it tells them if you get picked up for one higher on your list, don't even put me in for the others.

They're not going to burn one or more quota's if you've ranked your jobs.
I'd prefer SNA, but I'll take SNFO. I guess we'll just have to see what happens now...

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
Well I'm just alluding to someone who said that happened to them 100%, and that's why he's back for this board. He was never seen for an NFO board because he was selected for SNA and that's how it was ordered according to his OR.

Trying to not let that happen to someone else lol. Sounds terrible if you didn't want it to go down like that.
No disrespect to you sir, just giving a different opinion to help any new readers digest the info and see if it's relevant.