• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
My assumption is that they'll throw me into an SNFO spot despite my desire for an SNA. But now that its submitted, can't change it.
You haven't hit the submission deadline yet so if you want to change it you can. If your OR won't change it, that's a different story.

Metromedic

Contributor
Did your recruiter change your APSR after you signed it in Block 18? I would try making the point that he shouldn't be altering your documents after you've signed them without letting you know/resign them.
There's probably some blame on my end as I just told him what I wanted and trusted when I was told to sign.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
There's probably some blame on my end as I just told him what I wanted and trusted when I was told to sign.
How did you find out later that it was ordered that way?

We have one guy on our board who had their OR do the same thing just the other way around, he got picked up for SNA and wasn't even looked at for NFO which is what he wanted.

I wouldn't want to get picked up for NFO and then not even get looked at for SNA. That's a possibility now because of how it's preferentially ordered. We're talking about a 10-12 year career minimum... If it's what you want I'd press the OR a little harder to correct that order, or remove the order preference completely. It's not like you're not even putting NFO down they should be happy about that at least.

Duffman

Contributor
Hey everyone, just here to send some positive vibes and say good luck to everyone on this board. I hope this week that all of you will get the results that you’ve been eagerly waiting for. This year has taught us the importance of being patient, everything will fall into place. Just take a moment to be thankful for everything to even get you to this point. I have submitted my package for the January board and it has me stressing as much as you guys. Sending prayers to all of you, good luck everyone!28172

Last edited:

Metromedic

Contributor
How did you find out later that it was ordered that way?

We have one guy on our board who had their OR do the same thing just the other way around, he got picked up for SNA and wasn't even looked at for NFO which is what he wanted.

I wouldn't want to get picked up for NFO and then not even get looked at for SNA. That's a possibility now because of how it's preferentially ordered. We're talking about a 10-12 year career minimum... If it's what you want I'd press the OR a little harder to correct that order, or remove the order preference completely. It's not like you're not even putting NFO down they should be happy about that at least.
I had to do some tattoo pictures today that they wanted and I saw the designator code on the application. I mean both SNFO and SNA are on their so at least I am still being looked at for SNA.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I mean both SNFO and SNA are on their so at least I am still being looked at for SNA.
Sorry, but no.

If they see that NFO is your first choice and they select you for NFO before you're seen for SNA, they're probably not going to push you to the SNA board. Why would they, they already gave you your first pick? Again, that happened to a member on this board. You can't rely on an assumption that because both are on there that they'll seat you at both, because your ranking could ruin that for you. That's the whole point of ranking your list if you want to, it tells them if you get picked up for one higher on your list, don't even put me in for the others.

They're not going to burn one or more quota's if you've ranked your jobs.

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
Sorry, but no.

If they see that NFO is your first choice and they select you for NFO before you're seen for SNA, they're probably not going to push you to the SNA board. Why would they, they already gave you your first pick? Again, that happened to a member on this board. You can't rely on an assumption that because both are on there that they'll seat you at both, because your ranking could ruin that for you. That's the whole point of ranking your list if you want to, it tells them if you get picked up for one higher on your list, don't even put me in for the others.

They're not going to burn one or more quota's if you've ranked your jobs.

Speculation. We don't know 100%

apply apply apply. You're in charge of your future. Make sure you get what you want and don't short yourself.

Other than that, be smart. Like spooky swo said, don't act all hot for one position and not list it as a first choice. Know what you want going in and take it.

jlh1850

Hello team! Got word today from my recruiter that my packet actually did not get sent to the to Oct 26 board and is now going to the January board.

I’ve been mentally preparing for this ever since I didn’t see my name on the at board list. I’ll take my scores out of this spreadsheet.

For what it’s worth, my application was still going forward with SNA, but I also asked to be considered for NFO as well and confirmed that will be update with my application for the January board. I believe I can do well in either role and I also scored a 7 on the FOFAR, so I want to give myself the best chance of being accepted.

Good luck, everyone! Been a great thread to follow. Hope to hear one of Ghost SWO’s safety briefings in real life someday.