• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

Skikopey

Here's a question:

For an interview with an Intel Officer as a civilian, what does one have to do or expect for the interview? Like is there a standard type of interview sheet that one needs to prepare for the interview or anything like that? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Here's a question:

For an interview with an Intel Officer as a civilian, what does one have to do or expect for the interview? Like is there a standard type of interview sheet that one needs to prepare for the interview or anything like that? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

I'm not sure if you guys use the same sheet that us AD folks use but we do have a standard appraisal sheet. I'd say that you know the typical career path of an Intel officer. This information can usually be found on the NPC web site under the community managers pages. Also, be sure to know the basics of what they do for a job. The more prepared you are, the better chances you have of getting a favorable endorsement.

exNavyOffRec

I'm not sure if you guys use the same sheet that us AD folks use but we do have a standard appraisal sheet. I'd say that you know the typical career path of an Intel officer. This information can usually be found on the NPC web site under the community managers pages. Also, be sure to know the basics of what they do for a job. The more prepared you are, the better chances you have of getting a favorable endorsement.

A civilian being interviewed is being evaluated on their potential, what they have done and what they expect to do, they are not expected to know much at all about the career path, they may be asked what they think they will be doing but that is more to make sure the applicant knows what they will really be doing.

on a side note, not a single applicant I had that had an interview was ever picked up.

Skikopey

I see, so would I get an evaluation sheet from my Recruiter to give to the Interviewer or how would the evaluation actually become record for my package?

NavyOffRec, so do you mean that you don't think it's worth the hassle? I read a little back Rufio said he just had an Intel Ensign report who was civilian that had like a high GPA in Poli Sci with like a 60+ OAR and O-6 Interview so thought that to add that to the package would definitely be helpful.

Rickblaine22

Here's a question:

Google this: NAVCRUIT 1131/5 (Rev 05-2011). That is the "appraisal sheet" used for AD. You can see the categories they are looking at (appearance, oral communication, etc.). This is the infamous form where you see people putting in their stats "Appraisals: 06 - 10s" meaning that person got rated 10s on everything. It might not be what they use for civilian interviews, but I would expect the concept to be the same.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Google this: NAVCRUIT 1131/5 (Rev 05-2011). That is the "appraisal sheet" used for AD. You can see the categories they are looking at (appearance, oral communication, etc.). This is the infamous form where you see people putting in their stats "Appraisals: 06 - 10s" meaning that person got rated 10s on everything. It might not be what they use for civilian interviews, but I would expect the concept to be the same.
I've also read and heard that any sub-10 marks on appraisals might hurt more than help.

Rickblaine22

I don't know how accurate that FAQ is that is put out by NRC, but it says that results will populate in the CO, XO, CMC BUPERS 1 day prior to them being released to an individuals BOL. So if they are coming tomorrow, someone today would get word...again...if the FAQ is accurate.

navyhaz

I don't know how accurate that FAQ is that is put out by NRC, but it says that results will populate in the CO, XO, CMC BUPERS 1 day prior to them being released to an individuals BOL. So if they are coming tomorrow, someone today would get word...again...if the FAQ is accurate.

Which leads me to believe another week. Someone posted a few pages back that their POC at NRC said 3 - 4 day processing time once results are returned because of the number of applicants. If this is the case, I'd be shocked to see anything roll out on BOL by tomorrow.

exNavyOffRec

I see, so would I get an evaluation sheet from my Recruiter to give to the Interviewer or how would the evaluation actually become record for my package?

NavyOffRec, so do you mean that you don't think it's worth the hassle? I read a little back Rufio said he just had an Intel Ensign report who was civilian that had like a high GPA in Poli Sci with like a 60+ OAR and O-6 Interview so thought that to add that to the package would definitely be helpful.

My guys that were picked up had strong applications (high GPA, tech, etc...) the ones that had interviews were trying to boost their application, they had average GPA's or non tech degrees, so I wouldn't say it isn't worth the hassle, just don't think it is the silver bullet.