• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ZIMBRA, anyone ... ???

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I guess that must be a big deal for an Apple guy. Maybe I'm one in a billion. :D

Rules are made to have exceptions... :)

But I for one wouldn't call switching to Mac OSX a learning experience as much as a dumbing-down experience where I can get my work done more efficiently because it's easier to do and I don't have microsh*t asking me if it's okay to do this and that when I start a program.

Ladies and gentlemen you heard it here first!

LazersGOPEWPEW supports Skynet!

EDIT: And yes, WALL-E has a Mac at his heart, but we don't choose our bodies, we just choose when and where to make the most of them.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
^^ True. The Mac OS is more like a shiny new car, in that I can count on it working and doing what I need 100% of the time. Turn the key and go. But I wouldn't ever pop the hood to adjust something; really can't be done.

My Linux box is like the old muscle car in the garage. It's a fun ride, but I'm not convinced it will always get me there. It also demands constant tinkering to keep it doing what I want. (I run all my hardcore CFD and SPIV stuff in Linux.)

My Windows XP boat anchor is just like a Corvair. It sorta works for a while, then every so often it will blow up and need to be rebuilt from scratch.:icon_rage:icon_tong
(I actually only keep it around because it's already paid for and the Navy can't seem to write a website that interfaces with anything but the penultimate iteration of Internet Explorer running thru Windows.:eek:)

They're all just tools. If one works for you, then it's probably what you need. As one of my CO's told me, "There's a tool for every job, and a job for every tool. Now go to the records room and find this yellow sheet from 6 months ago. . .":D

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Apple is for communists and people who can't figure out how to fight against the big bad world in a real computer.

They also would never even CONTEMPLATE doing work on their cars.

I'll assume a smiley in affect vice pulling the negative rep trigger.

I'm a long time Mac user, also a MCSE if that tells you anything (and significant time designing stuff way beyond what we'll talk about on this board for my customers). Also still work on my own cars and have rebuilt a 74 Pontiac and a 76 Alfa from the frame up.

You that don't think you can tinker with a Mac just need to open up the X11 window and have a ball.

Careful on your assumptions laddie and happy weekend.

phrogpilot73

You that don't think you can tinker with a Mac just need to open up the X11 window and have a ball.
Yeah, I should have clarified - Mac was dead to me long ago, before they switched to a Unix based OS. Now you can tweak, but I'd rather stick with Linux for that...

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I'll assume a smiley in affect vice pulling the negative rep trigger.

I'm a long time Mac user, also a MCSE if that tells you anything (and significant time designing stuff way beyond what we'll talk about on this board for my customers). Also still work on my own cars and have rebuilt a 74 Pontiac and a 76 Alfa from the frame up.

Careful on your assumptions laddie and happy weekend.

You assumed correctly. Sorry I touched a nerve.

My post much a joke about run of the mill PC users as it was run of the millMac users. You, clearly, are not an ordinary user. :)

Happy days.