• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ZIMBRA, anyone ... ???

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Make the switch. . .you'll like it. . .

3d_apple_logo_102.jpeg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Make the switch. . .you'll like it. . .
If AlGore and the rest of the latte lib's didn't "do it" ... I might. :) But then ... they do ... and as a result, I don't.

Plus there's things that I "need" that just won't work on that system w/out running some kinda Windows w/ it ... so why do it??

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If AlGore and the rest of the latte lib's didn't "do it" ... I might. :) But then ... they do ... and as a result, I don't.

Plus there's things that I "need" that just won't work on that system w/out running some kinda Windows w/ it ... so why do it??

Rush Limbaugh is an Apple guy.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor

Haha as good a reason as any! +1

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Apple is for communists and people who can't figure out how to fight against the big bad world in a real computer.

They also would never even CONTEMPLATE doing work on their cars.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not Rush .... I could pass my draft physical. :)

It does shoot down your argument for not using it because of Libs. And I'm sure Rush has done more pain medicine than you..........

.... or has he? ;)

Furthermore, my father failed his draft physical as well. Thank God for it... I wouldn't be here otherwise.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
It does shoot down your argument for not using it because of Libs. And I'm sure Rush has done more pain medicine than you.......... or has he? ;)....
Not at all -- most of the people I know (personally) who use Apple and all it's cousins are Lib's ... techie's on this website notwithstanding. :)

I probably would have gone that route a long time ago if Apple/Mac, etc. had been price competitive -- but they weren't -- not even close. Now it seems they have somehow been co-opted by the Lib's side of the fence for some strange reason, so I make a joke (or sorts) out of it. If the only people who used Apple, etc. TODAY were Naval Aviators -- I wouldn't switch. I'm "satisfied" w/ Microsoft w/ all it's faults and it's more to my liking. Plus -- I don't want to relearn another operating system nor boot up two systems as many of my needs require a form of IE or Windows -- not Apple/Mac.

Hey -- it's just a computer, you know ... not a life statement. :icon_wink

Rush has done more "pain medicine" than I? It all depends on what you call "pain" ... or "medicine" ... as there's a lot of "pain" in this world. :)

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Apple is for communists and people who can't figure out how to fight against the big bad world in a real computer.

They also would never even CONTEMPLATE doing work on their cars.

Hmm I guess the alternator, smog pump, oil filters, spark plugs, exhaust manifolds, electric window engines/transmissions, belt-tensioner pulleys I've replaced on my truck don't account for doing work on my "car."

I guess that must be a big deal for an Apple guy. Maybe I'm one in a billion. :D

EDIT: And the rebuilt starter.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor

Hey -- it's just a computer, you know ... not a life statement. :icon_wink

Yea it's a computer just like all the rest. They all malfunction and get outdated quickly.

But I for one wouldn't call switching to Mac OSX a learning experience as much as a dumbing-down experience where I can get my work done more efficiently because it's easier to do and I don't have microsh*t asking me if it's okay to do this and that when I start a program.

That's my .02c.

But as A4s said it's just a computer. If you don't need it why buy it?

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I'm with A4s on this one. Call me stubborn and/or lazy, but I'm just not willing to learn a new OS. I'm so accustomed to the Microsoft user-interface that I can't get on a Mac without wanting to punch babies.

I will say that Macs have some really cool features. When I was in school (Music Industry degree), everyone was using Macs music production and I was really impressed with what they can do. I also own an iPod.

For everything else, it's Microsoft for me.