• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your Mom is a Garbage Shore-Tour

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Or not post drunk.
(Same meme but with alcohol visible)

challenge-accepted.gif

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
This post was slightly some internet therapy, but the summer training program is totally being revamped to where every LT is going to be assigned a duty. Previously, you did one summer training, and then the remaining summer's you had were yours.

Additionally, it has been stated at high levels that, "We do not care about you getting your masters." Which basically signaled to the whole NROTC JO Officer Core that one of the main benefits of doing an NROTC Tour is now looked at as something that shouldn't be supported at the Command.

Overall, complaining about long hours and working summers is a wuss move on my part, but the expectation was just so far removed from reality that it has been an eye opening experience
Wait, you mean as an officer you A C T U A L L Y got summers off at one point? As in O F F? I never saw that since I started high school, back in 1978!

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I recall having one LT around to keep the lights on during summer semesters - maybe the head shed would pop in a few times a week.

Without mids around, what’re you gonna do - sit in your office all day?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I recall having one LT around to keep the lights on during summer semesters - maybe the head shed would pop in a few times a week.

I can think of a few things:

- Make an entry in the duty log at the top of every hour. "Toured spaces. All secure."
- Cut out a fresh construction paper alphabet to adorn the walls of the naval science classroom. (Also create other similar some such decor.)
- Surf the internet, perhaps answering a few good questions from prospective mids (community outreach- every sailor is a PAO!).
- Read the works of Mahan and Clausewitz. Then when those sneaky mids do their book reports the following year, you'll be able to tell which ones only skimmed the readings or used the cliff notes.

Last edited:

BarryD

Contributor
- Read the works of Mahan and Clausewitz. Then when those sneaky mids do their book reports the following year, you'll be able to tell which ones only skimmed the readings or used the cliff notes.
Well there goes my plan . . .

The good idea fairy has struck again! :D

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

You can always find things to do. USMC COL who commanded the ROTC unit on the campus I frequently recruited on would just drink beer with me under the shade of a big tree.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Dude, shut the fuck up. You are either trolling or an idiot.

I’d suggest you recheck your idea of what “work” entails and try to understand your audience a little better.

January is too early for “Dumbest thread of the year”...

Pickle is now officially assimilated having gone full hinge with no redeeming JO qualities left.