• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your Favorite "Gun Related" Quote?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^ His cousin, Roy, used to greet me in the VF-213 Ready Room w/ a similar gesture when I'd show up to debrief his pass ... :D

Note: Johnny Cash was actually Roy's Uncle, but had a keen interest in his nephew's career showing up at key moments in his advancement through the ranks, but shunning any attention.

Speaking of firearms, LT Roy Cash was only fighter pilot from VF-33 to bag a MiG over North Vietnam while flying from USS America during CVW-6 Combat Deployment in 1968. He later served as Commodore of Fighter Wing One at NAS Oceana, as last of the MiG Killer Commodores. He was larger than life and a card-carrying member of the NTU Rod and Gun Club whose members still serve in following generations. He also hailed from Memphis, had a singing voice and wasn't shy about picking up a mic.

Roy and daughter, Kellye, performing

kellye-dad.jpg

Trivia note: his daughter Kellye was Miss America 1987.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
hey hey hey, watch it gents. Appalachians are those bitter people who cling to their guns, and we know how to shoot, too. :)

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Nobody listed the classic... "Is that a gun in your pocket? Or are you just happy to see me?" - Mae West :)

EDIT: DAMN YOU A'4s

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
We've made it all this way without someone mentioning the infamous...

"I'm too close for missiles. I'm switching to guns."

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
In the ol' days, the "conventional wisdom" (or whatever it was ... ) said that a "GUARANTEED" DFC could be had by the simple expediency of keying the mic and broadcasting the following over tactical frequency at the moment of truth:

"I'm HIT, but I'm rollin' in anyway .... !!! " :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I never tried it ... but I guess that's a "gun quote" of sorts ...
:D

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
from Pineapple Express:
"Thug life"
A female friend of mine sqeaked this out racking the slide of my 870 while I taught her how to shoot skeet not too long ago... pretty funny, at the time. Maybe you have to see the movie.