• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your chances are....(penalty box for those who can't help asking about their chances)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey, man, don't listen to Pickle. You're obviously too smart for this aviation thing. Please, by all means, go pursue your loftier goals while the rest of us morons toil away. You were definitely meant to be an attorney, not some knuckle-dragging career like Naval Aviation, and by no means should you waste your time in manual labor when you could be putting your superior intellect to the higher callings you were obviously meant for.

I'm glad you're ditching now, Ensign, not wasting our fucking time. Rationalize it all you want, but you're quitting before you even get going. You come on a Naval Aviation board, tell us you're quitting because you changed your mind, and expect a fucking cookie?

See ya. Don't let the fucking door hit your ass on the way out.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One observation I have based on my experience is that after an engineer gets some experience, our logic blows everybody out of the water. After a little Ensign acne, I thought being a SWO got really easy (so much for eating their young - this is a myth created by incompetent JO's). Most of the other JO's with engineering degrees felt the same way I did and kind of thought most of the other non-technical major officers were kind of stupid. I saw the history, poly sci, business majors struggling with stuff that a first year engineering student would laugh at. There is definitely a significant advantage having a technical degree than not.

Hmm, who knew there was a SWO "Master Race" requiring an Engineering Degree for admission? This guy is really something! I wonder if marq has fallen under his spell?

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
I don't get why everyone is giving Vas Deferens such a hard time for his pretty funny name... Ignominious? Really? Like "MasterBates" isn't?

Give the guy a break. It's funny. Funny like the patches you guys complain about being banned for not being PC.

MasterBates

I actually have "MASTER", Casey "Master" Bates or some such variant on my nametags normally.

My user name is my actual callsign. I'm not as perverted as you people make me out to be..

I'm worse than that!

Pags

N/A
pilot
I'm pretty sure the Navy has a no tolerance on illegal skateboarding.

skateboarding_is_not_a_crime_black-p186544475428233681qq3r_400.jpg

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
972-714-8300 or 866-628-7327

That's the office numbers for the Dallas NRD. Just tell them you're interested in starting an application for OCS, what you want to do (INTEL, SWO, etc.) and then they'll lead you on from there. If you want PM me and I can give you my OR's info or you'll get assigned to one in the office.

Search around on here for most of your answers and hit up the NRD for the rest of the info and to get started on your app, and anything else that they can't clear up for you we can probably take care of.

King CCM

Hey guys, I really want to be part of the NROTC program, but the tier 1 and tier 2 majors don't really fit my skill set and personality that well. I know tier 3 majors only make up about 15 % of scholarships, but could I have your guys' opinions? I was told I would receive a ISR if I did a tier 1 major, but I really think Business Administration and Management Science fits me better. I'm looking at Cornell's AEM program specifically, or maybe even Upenn's Wharton.

SATs -2210 (730 CR/740m/740W)

GPA and School rank 4.72 out of possible 4.75 (1 B in my life)
Class Rank 3 of 477 (Suburban public school)
Taking 5 AP classes this year

Extracurriculars
Newspaper Business Manager and Writing Editor
NHS president
French NHS member
Pistol shooting
Several hundred hours of community service
Debate and Forensics Team
Varsity Swim Team 4 years (State Championship team)
Piano since 6 years old
3rd degree blackbelt in Taekwondo (practicing since 5 years old)
Certified Lifeguard
Scholar's bowl Co-captain
Academic Decathalon
Science Olympiad
Tutoring, community service stuff, etc.

Other Stuff-
I'm a first generation Chinese American Male
National Merit Scholar (semifinalist at very least)
AP English-5 Ap US History- 5
Strong recommendations and essays
Will be taking 3 SAT subject tests and expecting over 700 in all
Just Finished BC Calculus a year ahead of "advanced" students in my class

What do you guys think? Should I go for the tier 3?

BerkeleyNROTC09

King,

I think you are in a very good position for the NROTC Scholarship in the first place (if you haven't been told that already). A good idea (and I don't know if this still applies) would be to start undeclared, and then decide from there whether you want to go for the tier 3 or not. I am recently commissioned from Berkeley, and this is what many students did here. You could always put the tier 2, and speak with your advisor once you are in the program.

Since this is a pretty new idea (the Teri 1, Tier 2 BS), I am not exactly sure how easy it is to switch from one to the other. With your stats, it looks like it would be just as easy for you to get a full scholarship somewhere, and then go OCS after, that may help you with your major problem...

PM me if you have any ROTC related questions. I'm stashed at the Berkeley Unit right now, so I have vast resources at hand.

John1

Any advice?

Hey guys I know that alot of you have gone through the nrotc program, or are currently members of a unit, so I hope you can answer some questions I have about the process. I will be a senior this year, and I am very seriously looking into a 4 year rotc scholarship. My grades are above average, a 3.7gpa with majority honors/ap classes, with a 29 act and 1950 sat. I have been running cross country for four years, lettered last year. I am also a member of several clubs- model un, spanish, and ultimate frisbee, and have over 100 hours of community service.
Would it be absolutely essential for me to go for some leadership positions, is that as heavily looked upon as it seems?
Is the earlier the better to turn in my application?
Could anyone tell me through their best estimation what my chances are?

Thanks for any help

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Nobody can give you a definitive answer about what your chances are, but it sounds like you have a solid package going. Do what you have time for this coming year (I assume you mean you will be a senior this coming school year) and don't get into trouble with the law. Talk to your prospective NROTC unit as soon as possible, and also make sure you are in the application process at that school (you have to have been accepted into the school before NROTC can do anything with you). Beyond that, just wait and see what happens. More importantly, when you get that scholarship and show up freshman year, resist the temptation to f*** it all away with dumb shennanigans. Of my freshman class of ~ 30 kids, roughly 10 of us ended up commissioning, and more than half of those who didnt't were scholarship mids. Don't get complacent!

beer is fatting

beer is fatting
First of all my name is Amazing ok for the serious part

Education: B.A. Psychology w/ year and half of business courses
Cumulative: G.P.A 2.3 Core Classes G.P.A. 3.1

Strengths: Excels in history and human behavior, cross cultural psychology, team work, and being team leader

How would I go about finding any info on wanting to be a Naval Intelligence Officer?

Do I have a shot at being selected for OCS ?

I live in Hawaii on a Neighbor island so there is enlisted recruiting office which has been kind of helpful, but most times it seems like all they want me to do to is join as an enlisted men, but I want a commission.

Any help would be nice Aloha