• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your chances are....(penalty box for those who can't help asking about their chances)

Angels

Contributor
beer is fatting said:
First of all my name is Amazing ok for the serious part

Education: B.A. Psychology w/ year and half of business courses
Cumulative: G.P.A 2.3 Core Classes G.P.A. 3.1

Strengths: Excels in history and human behavior, cross cultural psychology, team work, and being team leader

How would I go about finding any info on wanting to be a Naval Intelligence Officer?

Do I have a shot at being selected for OCS ?

I live in Hawaii on a Neighbor island so there is enlisted recruiting office which has been kind of helpful, but most times it seems like all they want me to do to is join as an enlisted men, but I want a commission.

Any help would be nice Aloha
Oh dear, you have committed the ultimate AW sin. No one has a magic eight ball to tell you your chances. I also don't think the "Amazing" part will go over well with this crowd who are educated, devoted men and women who have earned their wings through sweat and just plain hard work. My sincere advice to you is to use the search function on here and take any constructive criticsm you are going to get on here from posting this graciously.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
beer is fatting said:
First of all my name is Amazing ok for the serious part

Education: B.A. Psychology w/ year and half of business courses
Cumulative: G.P.A 2.3 Core Classes G.P.A. 3.1

Strengths: Excels in history and human behavior, cross cultural psychology, team work, and being team leader

How would I go about finding any info on wanting to be a Naval Intelligence Officer?

Do I have a shot at being selected for OCS ?

I live in Hawaii on a Neighbor island so there is enlisted recruiting office which has been kind of helpful, but most times it seems like all they want me to do to is join as an enlisted men, but I want a commission.

Any help would be nice Aloha

Honestly, your GPA is going to present a bit of a challenge, but don't let that stop you from applying - multiple times, if that's what it takes. Read up here on AW, then get in touch with an officer recruiter - even one that isn't necessarily local. They will tell you what you're elligible for and what other testing you're going to need before you can proceed.

Brett

beer is fatting

beer is fatting
No Problem my first time using this so I will take what anyone has to say to me either positive or negative I will take. thanks for replying so quickly any advice for me ?

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, your GPA is really weak. You will definitely need to bolster your OCS package with some great test scores.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, your GPA is really weak. You will definitely need to bolster your OCS package with some great test scores.

Advice? Thanks to Internet, you have a wealth of info at your fingertips here and on other sites as well. So what to do?

1. You need to get up to speed on everything that goes into your package and start tackling each hurdle. The friendly AW search feature really works and you should go to Intel threads as well as ASTB threads and look what other people have been posting on their GPA, test scores, etc. You'll get a good idea whether you are competitive or not. There is also a nifty feature at bottom of each thread in which software looks at thread title and selects up to four similar threads that should be similar so it's doing part of the legwork for you.

2. Intel is amazingly competitive as far as GPA goes (like others have said).

Hey guys,

I was just wondering, how does the competition for intel stacks up these days? My recruiter told me I was competitive with a 58 OAR and 5s, but it seems to me like that is pretty middle of the road. I’ve got a 3.92 at Grinnell College (if anyone has ever heard of it) and a number of extracurricular activities.

thanks
Check out what Intel Pro-recs have for GPA and Major/Minor and you'll see it's a seller's market and GPAs tend to be sky high.

3. You already cracked code of the Enlisted Recruiters who will try to get you to enlist and later apply for STA-21, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with that. We have a great cross section of priors, Academy types, Navy, Marine, USCG, Army and even USAF "regulars" on AW representing just about every path to a commission including Direct Commission into reserves or enlisting in same.

pensfan341

Thought maybe I should throw my hat into the ring here.

I am going to be a junior at John Carroll University. I am a business major with a 3.9 gpa. I play college soccer and was the captain of my high school team. At school I am the president and founder of a politically conservative club. This summer I worked two jobs.

I am taking the ASTB test in two weeks. I guess I will update with my scores.

But what do you figure my chances are for being accepted to the BDCP program?