• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yet another DCA Thread

hokieav8r

~Bring the Wood!~
None
Roger that, I've gotten in touch with a recruiting station, didn't get a chance to talk to the Chief who was knowledgeable on DCA, so I didn't get the full scoop or any dates. I'll be callin again in a day or so. Thanks for the reply. Congrats on your selection.

phrogpilot73

Is the plaque in the ladies room?

Hey, it's better than a "no thank you." You never know what others will do. Good luck.
I need to borrow your crystal ball sometime because it seems you can see into the future... I just got off the phone with the DCA Coordinator at Coast Guard Recruiting Command, you may now call me: LTJG, USCG

To sum it up: One primary turned down the offer because he got picked up by Delta. Alternate #1 accepts. Another primary gets hit with a stop loss. Alternate #2 (ME) accepted about 15 minutes ago! I can't wait!!!

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Big congrats...if you need any info please pm me and I'll set you up with someone that speaks rotary wing.:)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Ditto Congrats! LTJG PhrogPilot......

Do you know what airframe you are headed for? HH-60? HH-65?

o2.gif

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I need to borrow your crystal ball sometime because it seems you can see into the future... I just got off the phone with the DCA Coordinator at Coast Guard Recruiting Command, you may now call me: LTJG, USCG

To sum it up: One primary turned down the offer because he got picked up by Delta. Alternate #1 accepts. Another primary gets hit with a stop loss. Alternate #2 (ME) accepted about 15 minutes ago! I can't wait!!!

Congrats! Was the Delta guy a fixed-wing pilot? If so, I think he came from here (former Marine). When is the Drying Up?

phrogpilot73

Ditto Congrats! LTJG PhrogPilot......

Do you know what airframe you are headed for? HH-60? HH-65?
Don't really know yet. He said that the detailer would contact me, so we'll see...

Congrats! Was the Delta guy a fixed-wing pilot? If so, I think he came from here (former Marine). When is the Drying Up?
If that fixed wing guy a former Maj or Maj(sel)? If so - than it is indeed him. He pissed off one or two folks over at APTAP with some VERY unprofessional posts.

Drying up... Hmmm... Does that mean since I took a huge pay cut you guys get me drunk? You do know I'm going to eventually come to Mobile, right?!?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Don't really know yet. He said that the detailer would contact me, so we'll see...

If that fixed wing guy a former Maj or Maj(sel)? If so - than it is indeed him. He pissed off one or two folks over at APTAP with some VERY unprofessional posts.

Drying up... Hmmm... Does that mean since I took a huge pay cut you guys get me drunk? You do know I'm going to eventually come to Mobile, right?!?

It could be him, but honestly, I'm sure there's more than one Maj (sel) that was applying. I kind of doubt it was him if he pissed people off. The guy I'm talking about was a solid dude.

Mobile, that's right. If only there was contract gas there now...

phrogpilot73

It could be him, but honestly, I'm sure there's more than one Maj (sel) that was applying. I kind of doubt it was him if he pissed people off. The guy I'm talking about was a solid dude.

Mobile, that's right. If only there was contract gas there now...
Yeah, I agree there could be more than one... The guy on APTAP was a primary select for the Coast Guard, was a USMC C-130 pilot, and a Maj or Maj(sel). That's about all I know.

There's no contract gas in Mobile?!? That's BS! I guess that means no pizzas, either...

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Are you still trying to get stationed in Hawaii? Let us know what the detailer passes to you for options.

sardaddy

pilot
congrats on the selection. You won't need to worry about contract fuel anywhere in the Mobile area while you are there. If you refuel anywhere but the airstation it is because you broke down.