• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yet another DCA Thread

sardaddy

pilot
I have sat on multiple DCA boards and have never had any real reason to contact anyone but I can't see why calling someone would make the interview tainted. there is nothing in the rules that say a board member can't do that.

I don't quite understand how the recruiter would have found out anyway. It just doesn't make sense to me but maybe there is some magic rule somewhere.

Good luck

phrogpilot73

why would one of the board members contacting your current command make your interview null and void? It doesn't strike me as an something that is as shifty as other disqualifying factor/screw ups (like releasing the board results to your buddies).
I agree, I don't think it makes sense. The way my recruiter explained it to me is that the interview board is supposed to make their recommendations based on my package (FitReps, LOR's, Awards, Education, Physical, etc...) and what information they glean from interviewing me, and nothing more.

I don't quite understand how the recruiter would have found out anyway. It just doesn't make sense to me but maybe there is some magic rule somewhere.
As for how the recruiter found out: The senior member of the interview board (a LCDR) found out, and told the CGAS CO. The CGAS CO talked to everyone involved, didn't think it was a big deal so he contacted the recruiter to let him know. After talking to the CGAS CO, my recruiter also didn't think it was a big deal, so he contacted CGRC to tell them. It was CGRC that said "No, he needs a new interview." At this point, if they want me to jump through burning hoops, I will...

phrogpilot73

For those on AW that have applied for the May 2007 Board - Over on APTAP, one of the guys that applied talked to the DCA Coordinator today. Apparently, the results are awaiting the final signature from the Secretary of Homeland Security, after that - they'll post to message traffic. From what he said, the DCA Coordinator expects that the message traffic will be posted by the end of this week or the beginning of next week. Here's a link that he included for USCG message traffic: http://www.uscg.mil/hq/reserve/msg07.htm. Also, the breakdown was 30 applicants (20 Army, 4 Air Force, 4 Marine, and 2 Navy), 10 were selected as primary and 9 selected as alternates.

Needless to say, after reading that I don't think I'll be able to sleep until it posts. I've already eaten my fingers down to a nub... Any guys on here want to put in a call to the big man upstairs for me?! ;)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Hang in there buddy! You've done your part. Will send good vibes your way... I'm betting with you. Let us know as soon as you get the word!

phrogpilot73

So, the message came out... And I'm the second alternate. Not the news I was hoping for. Anyone else on here fare better?

Reactions: Tom

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Is the plaque in the ladies room?

Hey, it's better than a "no thank you." You never know what others will do. Good luck.

Dumbo02

Phrogpilot, sorry to hear that you didn't get in on this one. I did not even make the alternate list in the winter board, but I got in on this one. 16 years....9 applications to USCG programs.....I finally got in. Dont give up man!

phrogpilot73

So now that the dust has settled... There are some fantastic stories over at APTAP saying that they've picked up all the alternates in the past, high on the alternate list is good, etc... Any truth to this?

More importantly, will I be able to contact my recruiter and find out what (if anything) I can do to make my pacakge look better and get picked up on the next board?

phrogpilot73

I was picked up as an alternate, so yes it does happen.
That's good news... Just curious, how long after the results were released did you find out that you were picked up as an alternate?

When I get home from this business trip, I'm going to start prepping the package for the next board...

16 years....9 applications to USCG programs.....I finally got in.
Dude, congratulations! I'm sure that I know exactly how you feel... 4 applications to USNA before I got in, and it was my second to last one. I'm sure you also know exactly how I feel right now... There's always next board!

hokieav8r

~Bring the Wood!~
None
next DCA board

Howdy yall,

on here looking from iraq and starting to put together my packet and wondering when the next DCA board will be?

Thanks