• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yay! VMI 2012!

Raptor2216

Why don't you go to a real college where you don't have to pay out the @ss to be treated like sh!t and stand duty. Don't waste 4 years on something that should be the best time of your life. The only reason I would go to a place like VMI would be if I was offered a full scholarship.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor

While you are quick to point out that some NROTC MIDN that you've seen on cruise didn't know basic Naval nomenclature, or other no-brainer things for someone who's been thoroughly indoctrinated, I would submit to you that some USNA grad ensigns I've seen down here in A-pool were some of the most lackadaisical, lazy, and poorly dressed individuals in the joint.

My point?

Who the fuck cares dude? I went to The Citadel, and I am proud of that, as you should be of your not-yet Alma Mater. The most important thing about your college experience is what you take out of it. Who cares when someone makes fun of your school? You are a grown man, and soon to be Naval Officer. Get used to it. People make fun of me for going to the Citadel. "you paid for that shit" etc. ad nauseum. If someone points out that your academy is weak, continue to do what you have been doing, because it's never gonna stop.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Concur? But you just said you came out of the Citadel! :magnify_1

Which makes me especially qualified to concur with him!

I said I was proud, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I would recommend it! :)

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Dan, I wasn't bashing the USNA. I was just under the impression that y'all didn't have sweat parties at Annapolis. I was more surprised that you knew what one was. And to clarify, while our Indoc Week is only 9 days long, the Ratline itself lasts for about six months. The shit doesn't stop until you reach the end of those six months.

THE AW :) LAMP IS ON and shining brightly.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Why don't you go to a real college where you don't have to pay out the @ss to be treated like sh!t and stand duty. Don't waste 4 years on something that should be the best time of your life. The only reason I would go to a place like VMI would be if I was offered a full scholarship.

:star2_125

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Did you see USMC2010VMI's reply to me there? lol.

Yeah I saw that the Norelco commercial too on youtube! But I guess it doesn't really work so well with female cadets, lol.... unless they are shaving their legs... and then THAT WOULD DEFINITELY NOT WORK :eek::D

That's my Brother Rat you're talking about. We take the Ratline very seriously. Don't go insulting upperclassmen, it would be a very bad idea. And with that, I believe this thread has proved its usefullness.

Go to a military school if you want the military school experience. In the end, it's all the same commission and there's only one U.S. Navy/ Marine Corps.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
...cuz guess what, you still have to complete OCS before you can be one of us.

OCS? If I'm in NROTC, how do I need OCS? :confused: You must be talking about the Basic School, but I'm not going USMC so I won't need to go to the Basic School. I think I'll be able to get a commission (and hopefully go to API) without ever going to OCS.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.