• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Yay! VMI 2012!

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
I just got back from an open house / overnight visit event at VMI. Among tons of stuff, I got to see a parade and a cadet march to breakfast. Very intense but awesome!

What was also cool was meeting some of the other potential cadets. This one girl was a former goth. She cut off her mohawk and is going to come to military college. Another girl wouldn't talk much and when she did, she said that it was because she realized she had an attitude. lol. This is going to be pretty interesting!

(I was there only one night, and I even managed to almost kill someone by accidentally dropping a mattress down the stairs! Fortunately someone caught the runaway mattress before it clobbered someone. yow!)

joshmf

...This one girl was a former goth. She cut off her mohawk and is going to come to military college...

VMI- Reforming one Goth chick at a time since 1839 :D.

Seriously, good luck at VMI if you decide to go there. Just know that there are plenty of colleges that allow you to get drunk and chase hotties (boy or girl, decide for yourself) your freshman year.

BOMBSonHAWKEYES

pilot
I graduated from there in 04. I promise you that there are few other fraternities where people have a respect for one another and act as a team than VMI. Wether you're a 4 year private or the highest ranking person on campus you will gain a leadership perspective only found there and possibly the citadel, which is awsome preparation for the military or civialian world. Plus the honor court is the only one of its kind, and that's something that you'll have to find out when you get there.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
VMI- Reforming one Goth chick at a time since 1839 :D.

Seriously, good luck at VMI if you decide to go there. Just know that there are plenty of colleges that allow you to get drunk and chase hotties (boy or girl, decide for yourself) your freshman year.

Yeah, we potential cadets were told by the Rat Disciplinary Committee that the severest punishment follows if you drink as a cadet or get caught with alcohol on post.

As for hotties, a 93:7 ratio of boys to girls has got to do something for someone, right? :D

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
I graduated from there in 04. I promise you that there are few other fraternities where people have a respect for one another and act as a team than VMI. Wether you're a 4 year private or the highest ranking person on campus you will gain a leadership perspective only found there and possibly the citadel, which is awsome preparation for the military or civialian world. Plus the honor court is the only one of its kind, and that's something that you'll have to find out when you get there.

Some of the parents that came with potential cadets to the program were themselves graduates of VMI. What I found amazing was they could immediately recognize each other, even when they hadn't met in years. COL Beitzel, the admissions director, even picked out a few of his own old classmates from the audience. I think this must speak of the bond between graduates.

I haven't learned anything of the Honor Court. There was supposed to be something on it in the program, but either they didn't cover it or I wasn't paying attention when they did. They did talk about the single sanction honor code, but I don't know how that relates to an Honor Court.