• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

XBOX/PS2 on deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whalebite

Vette,
If you buy every new thing you will end up with a bunch of old junk. How often do you play atari/nintendo/supernintendo? Do you want to retire if you have spent 20 in, or do you want to have to work another 20 after? Would you rather keep up with everyone else buying this or that, or be sitting on a beach for retirement insted of working?
Youth is wasted on the young. Why do you think your dad says invest for a house? Probably because he wishes he had, or he was smart enough to do it in the first place. I'm not saying not to buy some things for fun, I'm just spilling all this because of your "what did I do with my first BDCP paycheck" thing.
Just something to think about, maybe others could comment here.

Whalebite

Yeah, Financial responsibility has nothing to do with being a pilot, has nothing to do with the military and nothing to do with retirement. BTW I have read here people have been rejected due to bad financing/bad credit/bankruptcy. Good catch ET Mike

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
If he is in college, has no 'real' bills, and a sum of money, I think an X-box is a good investment. Instead of going out and blowing money at some club, or going and seeing movies, or going and getting into God knows what, he is chilling in his room playing a video game(s). If you blow all your money then maybe you shouldn't be a pilot for the service.

Whalebite

Well put, i'm not saying there is anything wrong with getting an x box, but if you have no bills and a paycheck it's a great opportunity to invest. Also buying a x box is not an investment. Investments appreciate, x boxes depreciate.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Yeah, I guess you are right. It just seemed that you were being pretty harsh at first, but now I realize that you are concerned with financial security, not lecturing. My bad.

I 'appreciate' my X-box, does that count?

Kycntryboy

pilot
I do the same figuring that ET-Mike is doing, I love just staying home after I long day at school and wasting away some ppl on GTA. Figuring out puzzles on Zelda, or working my hand eye coordination (preparing to be the best pilot I can be) by playing some NCAA football.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I don't spend what I don't have, I think that separates the people who can handle money and those who can't, I'm saving up for the X-box a little a month until I get it, My fiance only lets me spend $400 every two weeks from my check, the rest go to "the bills".

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Man, if you think an X-Box is bad... what do you think about this? Skydiving... bought 6500 in equipment, and I spend 20 bucks a jump.... averages to about 140 a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.