• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wtf??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agreed. If you're that flipped out about it, follow Wink's advice and call the damn tower. Otherwise let it go.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
zab1001 said:
Agreed. If you're that flipped out about it, follow Wink's advice and call the damn tower. Otherwise let it go.

Or could it be .....
ocdcycle2.gif

MOST COMMON OBSESSIONS:
  • Fear of Instructors
  • Fear of Natops
  • Fear of anything "not briefed"
  • Fear of contamination
  • Fear of causing harm to another
  • Fear of making a mistake
  • Fear of behaving in a socially unacceptable manner
  • Need for symmetry or exactness
  • Excessive self doubt
Hmmmmm .......sounds like your typical Naval Aviation student to me ... :D

beau

well though someone would bring up the crop duster argument.....what I am not comfortalbe with a is some A$$hole puting my peers and I lives at risk by thinking he was hot$hit in a Cennsa.....and yes it is illegal technically...1500 AGL is min for aerobatics in civilian world if I'm not mistaken......plus a probalbe airspace violation.

What I am saying....from what I Saw, is this dude was just plain in the wrong.....you are right though I should go to the tower to find out.....I almost turned around and reported him at the time.......dont know why I didnt come to think of it. I really dont give two $hits whether this guy was chuck yeager or not.........he was wrong!

dufault.2

Brett327 said:
Ever seen a good crop duster work their magic? Pretty wild stuff and close to the ground, but they do it 40 times a day, every day - hardly illegal.

F' yeah man-on the departure end of active RW 32 at Whiting on a beautiful 'send the solos' day. Any other whiting guys ever see that dude out there or did I just eat the wrong mushrooms on my omlet that morning? Fella had some serious stones. I'd be more scared of the bubbas than the maneuvers.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
grunge said:
F' yeah man-on the departure end of active RW 32 at Whiting on a beautiful 'send the solos' day. Any other whiting guys ever see that dude out there or did I just eat the wrong mushrooms on my omlet that morning? Fella had some serious stones. I'd be more scared of the bubbas than the maneuvers.
Sounds highly illegal, we had better report that guy! ;)

Brett

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And still, no one has called the tower for the real story. I, for one, am dying to know just how bad a dude this guy was.

beau

Wingover....300 ft.......reefed controls.......right under traffic pattern where 5-6 jets were flying at 600ft agl.......

anymore links in the error chain?

"missed approach instructions are to perform a wingover at the departure end of 01R at the lowest altitude possible to screw with the these want-a-bee jet studs trying to fly low, slow and dirty"

just because i was not in the tower...or in the plane....does not mean "I have not Idea what was going on". I know idiotic flying when I see it....and that is what it was....hell I saw a hell of alot more then you for you to throw out the "dont go flying off the handle and making assumptions" line.

No FAR nazi here.....was trying to prove a technicality point.....of stuff that was brainwashed into my system years ago...:)

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
you already said that five times - maybe if you say it again everybody will believe you

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
can't help myself

With respect to squeeze I am reopening this thread. He closed the thread just as I took the time, 5 minutes, to do what some of you mother hens should have done. From half way across the country I took it upon myself to do what I couldn't convince you busy bodies to do for yourself. I called the tower at NAS Meridian and spoke with a Petty Officer on watch. I can confirm catagorically that, as speculated earlier, that Cessna is a pipeline patrol that comes through regularly. He has ATC clearance to do everything he does and is very much familier with all your procedures and relative locations in the pattern. He comes in that low to inspect and avoid you guys at the tower's request. It is safe to say he has not only more flight time than most of you guys but has more time in that very airspace than many of you. You may still want to argue that the maneuver discribed as a wing over is dangerous or a violation of FARs. Well, the tower sure doesn't think it is dangerous or they would tell him to knock it off. I was told by the tower personel that his aircraft is a Cessna 172 with a supplemental type certificate for a larger engine. Probably more than enough for the maneuver witnessed, whatever it really was. As to the complaint that he is below 1500 feet and maybe in violation of FAR 91.303, I can't say since I didn't witness the manevuer. But I can say you studs are below 1500 feet and in the break, a decent fleet break anyway, you are conducting an aerobatic maneuver. I understand you studs are very busy. But for the time you spent in front of the computer you could have gotten all the info you desired without speculation by making a phone call. So some of you find the maneuver somehow dangerous or risky. Fine, I take it you wouldn't do it yourself. It hardly means, given what we now know, that he is the idiot civ pilot with no respect for safety, his pedestrian talent, you lofty student naval aviators or the whimpy plane he flies. wtf, give the guy a break!!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
wink said:
With respect to squeeze I am reopening this thread. He closed the thread just as I took the time, 5 minutes, to do what some of you mother hens should have done. From half way across the country I took it upon myself to do what I couldn't convince you busy bodies to do for yourself. I called the tower at NAS Meridian and spoke with a Petty Officer on watch. I can confirm catagorically that, as speculated earlier, that Cessna is a power line patrol that comes through regularly. He has ATC clearance to do everything he does and is very much familier with all your procedures and relative locations in the pattern. He comes in that low to inspect and avoid you guys at the tower's request. It is safe to say he has not only more flight time than most of you guys but has more time in that very airspace than many of you. You may still want to argue that the maneuver discribed as a wing over is dangerous or a violation of FARs. Well, the tower sure doesn't think it is dangerous or they would tell him to knock it off. I was told by the tower personel that his aircraft is a Cessna 172 with a supplemental type certificate for a larger engine. Probably more than enough for the maneuver witnessed, whatever it really was. As to the complaint that he is below 1500 feet and maybe in violation of FAR 91.303, I can't say since I didn't witness the manevuer. But I can say you studs are below 1500 feet and in the break, a decent fleet break anyway, you are conducting an aerobatic maneuver. I understand you studs are very busy. But for the time you spent in front of the computer you could have gotten all the info you desired without speculation by making a phone call. So some of you find the maneuver somehow dangerous or risky. Fine, I take it you wouldn't do it yourself. It hardly means, given what we now know, that he is the idiot civ pilot with no respect for safety, his pedestrian talent, you lofty student naval aviators or the whimpy plane he flies. wtf, give the guy a break!!
Ahhh HAAA! Pretty much what I figured - I almost broke out my IFR Sup to make the call too (got distracted by bright shiny objects next to me). BZ to Wink (rep points if I could, bro) and a lesson for all you studs who think you know more than you really do.

How DARE you questions us! (easy, just kidding ;) :) )

Good times,

Brett

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
wink said:
With respect to squeeze I am reopening this thread. He closed the thread just as I took the time, 5 minutes, to do what some of you mother hens should have done. From half way across the country I took it upon myself to do what I couldn't convince you busy bodies to do for yourself. I called the tower at NAS Meridian and spoke with a Petty Officer on watch. I can confirm catagorically that, as speculated earlier, that Cessna is a power line patrol that comes through regularly. He has ATC clearance to do everything he does and is very much familier with all your procedures and relative locations in the pattern. He comes in that low to inspect and avoid you guys at the tower's request. It is safe to say he has not only more flight time than most of you guys but has more time in that very airspace than many of you. You may still want to argue that the maneuver discribed as a wing over is dangerous or a violation of FARs. Well, the tower sure doesn't think it is dangerous or they would tell him to knock it off. I was told by the tower personel that his aircraft is a Cessna 172 with a supplemental type certificate for a larger engine. Probably more than enough for the maneuver witnessed, whatever it really was. As to the complaint that he is below 1500 feet and maybe in violation of FAR 91.303, I can't say since I didn't witness the manevuer. But I can say you studs are below 1500 feet and in the break, a decent fleet break anyway, you are conducting an aerobatic maneuver. I understand you studs are very busy. But for the time you spent in front of the computer you could have gotten all the info you desired without speculation by making a phone call. So some of you find the maneuver somehow dangerous or risky. Fine, I take it you wouldn't do it yourself. It hardly means, given what we now know, that he is the idiot civ pilot with no respect for safety, his pedestrian talent, you lofty student naval aviators or the whimpy plane he flies. wtf, give the guy a break!!

Can't ever remember a thread where Wink got pissed off at anybody. Today is a new day though, and glad to see he's human after all. You guys must have really pissed him off!

beau

(breaths a sigh of relief!)....well that is settled....thank god! almost sorry I brought it up:)! but didnt care enough to talk to the tower guys as well....so oh well I was wrong! just got my eyes pretty big when I saw it happen.

beau

Mefesto said:
BA ZING!!!! Exacatly what I had posted earlier....

And with probably well over 700 hours in 172's, I can tell you that "reefing" the controls in one dosen't lead to anything spectacular, or dangerous.

it only takes that one time...... :eek: ....and your toast...got 60 hours in a 172 myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.